What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just popped the top on a Kulmbacher Mönchshof Schwarz. Lighter in color than I expected. Great malty aroma. Very smooth, with just the right amount of roastiness. Delicious. Also, a cool 16.9 oz flip-top bottle.

North Coast Red Seal Ale

A dark Pale Ale or a hoppy Amber/Red. Either way it's a great beer. Balanced towards the bitter, but still with hints of malt sweetness and a touch of chocolaty toast.

Red Seal Ale

mead.
sweet and wonderful mead.
Mead that would bring tears of joy to Odin's eyes.

competition mead '09 is gonna rock.
I am hoping for Gold!!!!!!

Samuel Adams Winter Lager. Pretty good beer. The bitterness is there but it won't kill you. Nicely balanced. Plus, I would swear SA bottles are designed for homebrewers, the labels come right off after a good soak in star-san. Has not always been the case for me.

Hard Lemonade. It came out too dry for SWMBO, so it's all for me. tastes great mixed with ginger ale btw.
It's pretty much the last homebrew left in my pipeline that hasn't been allocated to Christmas baskets.
No $$$ in budget for commercial brew this month. :(

Bright side: Snow Plow clone will be on tap next week... :ban:

Just got back from the bar, it's bubble-gum-ester OktoberFAST from here out tonite.

Right now a homebrewed all homegrown Cascade IPA. Just tapped it tonight. It's one of my house beers. Not sure what I'll get into later.

I started the night with beerCanucks Hobgoblin, good Beer Thanks! Followed by amsterdam nut brown, amsterdam raspberry wheat, Now I'm into the miller.....desperate times :)

I had my first bottle of Descheutes Jubelale of the season. Excellent beer again this year. I have a bottle of The Dissident warming on the counter right now.

Just brewed a Helles last weekend. I added some finely ground black malt right before run off to give it a really nice dark, almost black color.
The idea is to have a dark colored beer, but still retain the Helles flavor.
It tasted like there was no dark malt in it when it went into the carboy.

Anyone try this sort of technique?

Oh, I called it "Black as Helles".

I used to make homemade pizza every friday, but now it's anytime I damn well feel like it (I'm single now). Which seems to be a couple of times a week.:drunk:

What are you covering?
High school football game that was an affront to football. Just god-awful.

Big emphasis on high schools these days. I've covered six HS football games this year after doing nothing but a Thanksgiving Day game each year the previous 9 years.

Funny thing, though. Two Catholic high schools tonight and the music to which the teams took the field was .... Hell's Bells. :rockin:

High school football game that was an affront to football. Just god-awful.

Big emphasis on high schools these days. I've covered six HS football games this year after doing nothing but a Thanksgiving Day game each year the previous 9 years.

Funny thing, though. Two Catholic high schools tonight and the music to which the teams took the field was .... Hell's Bells. :rockin:

:D :D that's hilarious. No wonder neither of them played well ;)

:D :D that's hilarious. No wonder neither of them played well ;)
That and the fact that both teams suck out loud. Nobody in the office is fessing up to who actually assigned me this game. They know I will beat them with a blunt instrument.

If I'm going to stand outside in a persisent drizzle, it damn well better be worth it. It wasn't. Pretty bad when I'm bigger than every player on either team.

I toyed with the idea of running on the field and tackling somebody just so I'd have something to write about.

That and the fact that both teams suck out loud. Nobody in the office is fessing up to who actually assigned me this game. They know I will beat them with a blunt instrument.

If I'm going to stand outside in a persisent drizzle, it damn well better be worth it. It wasn't. Pretty bad when I'm bigger than every player on either team.

I toyed with the idea of running on the field and tackling somebody just so I'd have something to write about.

That's funny. Sorry to hear about your situation tonight but I guess it comes with the territory eh?

De-labeling some bottles & Had some kind of marinated chicken & potatoes for supper. Washed that down with a barleywine, then one of AHS promotional IPA's, then to cleanse the pallet, an amber ale. Then another barleywine just to make sure it was ok, & now finishing up with a double decker IIPA. Its been a good week.

Zac

Planning weekend brew, sipping Alaskan oatmeal stout. SNPA with dinner and finishing an Alaskan Winter Ale as I type. Love Fridays.....

Latest posts

Back