A Few Who Brew Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy does custom shirts and can be ordered one at a time with no set up fees. They're digitally printed with up to $500 colors. I'm pretty sure it's whatever you want for $20 per shirt unless you get into the XLs, then it's $2 more.

Thats cool thanks for the info :mug:, but my cuz owns a screen printing company and can do them for alot cheaper lol.

I have a few bottles left of the Stout. I'll make sure to bring some to a meeting. It'll have to be the July meeting though.

First official meeting for "A Few Who Brew" is tomorrow June 29, 2013 @ 4pm. The event is held at SoCal Homebrew Supply in La Verne. If you have any questions PM me or send me a message on facebook.com/ytboi or e-mail me at [email protected]

First official meeting for "A Few Who Brew" is tomorrow June 29, 2013 @ 4pm. The event is held at SoCal Homebrew Supply in La Verne. If you have any questions PM me or send me a message on facebook.com/ytboi or e-mail me at [email protected]
You should post this in the other thread as well in the event of newcomers browsing through that thread

Yeah. I'm done with something at 4, might be able to get there around 5, hope I can make it

Yeah we should still be there... Just bring some homebrew and if you don't homebrew bring a glass to sample! Also join the facebook group. Facebook.com/afewwhobrew

How many people showed? What was discussed?

I ended up at The Packinghouse for their Brewgrass Event. It was 105 and the event was outside. Not good. Not to mention that you couldn't hear the music unless you were close to the stage. I think they were having technical problems with breakers blowing from the amps. I had some decent beers and a few that were outstanding. We only stayed about 2 hours though as the heat was unbearable!

How many people showed? What was discussed?

I ended up at The Packinghouse for their Brewgrass Event. It was 105 and the event was outside. Not good. Not to mention that you couldn't hear the music unless you were close to the stage. I think they were having technical problems with breakers blowing from the amps. I had some decent beers and a few that were outstanding. We only stayed about 2 hours though as the heat was unbearable!

About 12 showed, but a few people like youself a few prior engagements. Also few customer came in, tried some beers and hung out for a min. As for the dicussion it was just about beers and making the eggnog milk stout. This was a trial run for the meeting and it went pretty well!

Yeah... I am going to try to working on getting a place to go chill and meet so we dont crowd up Seans shop lol. But the next meeting will be just a beer share and enjoy meeting. Well see what else i can cook up for this month on what we can do. Also I think I will be putting in orders for shirts, so i think iwill be collecting sizes and funds.

Myself and 1 other guy started our club and MAN I have to tell you it was a lot of work! But 4 years going now we have 40+ paid members and loads more that come and go. Just a thought for you guys that helped us a ton is doing raffle prizes. We simply passed around a brown paper bag and if you wanted to get into the raffle you put your name on a small slip of paper and put $2 in the bag for every entry. I would take a few little things from my store and raffle those off, other people would bring stuff to raffle etc... It was a huge help in getting the club started. We would use the $$ for advertising the club and getting more raffle prizes etc.... Its just a thought for you guys..... Good luck! Its a lot of work but well worth it!!

Cheers
Jay

kosmokramer said:
Who wants to take over the stout, I need some space in my term fridge

I can transport it.... I called off sick last thurs and brewed up 10g of Porter, no room in my FC

Strap it in to the front seat!

I probably could do that, but one wrong move and BOMB! lol However, Matt took it home with him.

Myself and 1 other guy started our club and MAN I have to tell you it was a lot of work! But 4 years going now we have 40+ paid members and loads more that come and go. Just a thought for you guys that helped us a ton is doing raffle prizes. We simply passed around a brown paper bag and if you wanted to get into the raffle you put your name on a small slip of paper and put $2 in the bag for every entry. I would take a few little things from my store and raffle those off, other people would bring stuff to raffle etc... It was a huge help in getting the club started. We would use the $$ for advertising the club and getting more raffle prizes etc.... Its just a thought for you guys..... Good luck! Its a lot of work but well worth it!!

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay! The experience has been to much work... Maybe because we want this to be really laid back. I don't believe we will be doing dues. So that raffle idea will be a good one. Well as for now we have about 25+ members now and its growing:tank:! On our first meeting we had a decent turn out considering we had it on the day of brewgrass lol. But thanks for the words of advice :mug:

I can transport it.... I called off sick last thurs and brewed up 10g of Porter, no room in my FC

Thx steve but Matt already has it... lol

Nice! Did you do just a porter or did you add something to it?

YtBoI said:
Thx steve but Matt already has it... lol

Nice! Did you do just a porter or did you add something to it?

Yea it was just a straight up Porter...... what about the secondary vessel is that still needed? I think I posted this on FB

Thanks Jay! The experience has been to much work... Maybe because we want this to be really laid back.

Yeah, we really wanted this one to be laid back also. Well, it moved WAY passed that.
It is a good club though. They hold the meetings upstairs at my store. They seem to always have a good turnout.

Good luck man. I hope it turns out to be all you shoot for!

Cheers
Jay

Yeah, we really wanted this one to be laid back also. Well, it moved WAY passed that.
It is a good club though. They hold the meetings upstairs at my store. They seem to always have a good turnout.

Good luck man. I hope it turns out to be all you shoot for!

Cheers
Jay

LOL yeah i think anything that is sucessful with bigger then you dreamed it to be.
Thanks for the luck we will need it!

I'll try to stop by for a bit. Today is Claremont craft ales 1st year anniversary party.

Thanks to everyone who showed up to the meeting saturday. Please let me know if you have any other ideas for the meeting next month!

I'm a wannabe member... Been to the shop and would go more but man the traffic on the 10 and 60...

but I brewed some Mojave Red on Saturday... It is fermenting nicely...

Is that what you were asking?? Haha.

Join the club on facebook.

Mojave Red is a red lager right? I think i have seen that on beeradvocate.com but it didnt have a good rating.. what is it like?

I have a Brown Sour going to work right now... But i have a IIPA in secondary and a Saison Apple in primary

I have a bourbon vanilla porter sitting in the fermenter now and will be brewing biermunchers cream of three crops cream ale Saturday for next months art walk in pomona

I have a bourbon vanilla porter sitting in the fermenter now and will be brewing biermunchers cream of three crops cream ale Saturday for next months art walk in pomona

What kinda yeast did you use for the porter?

I got the recipe for it on here. I will taste it in 5 weeks maybe :)

I hope its good!!!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/619/9963 I just looked up that beer its poor on beeradvocate... LOL I hope yours is better!

What kinda yeast did you use for the porter?

about 11.5 gallons into the fermenter @ 1.09, 3 packs of wyeast dennys favorite and a servomyces pill, i need to check it today and the cider, thats still bubbling away 2 1/2 weeks already

I told you the cider takes about a month LMAO... Patience is a virtue I think it’s time for you to exercise this virtue!

Back