The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't yet but that ball is in motion as of about 30 minutes ago. Matt's uncle is one of the founding partners of one of the largest intellectual property law firms in the country. I think we'll be safe.

One funny note... the Alstrom's (beeradvocate) just invited us to the American Craft Beer Fest. I think we're going to do it too... why the hell not?

Hi all,
not dead, but home recovering from a nasty hernia op. I missed this thread, and it always brings a smile to my face.

Good Massholes never die, they just go quiet for awhile.

Oh thank God!!!! Phew!!! Thanks Mort!! We were all FREAKING out almost hourly, screaming, "WHERE'S MORT!?!?! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I HOPE HE'S OK!!!!"

Haha... nah... I'm kidding. No one cared.

So does this mean you got rid of that horrible thing sticking out from your abdomen? Jeeezuz H Christ, that thing was scary. Every time I saw you standing on the back of a dive boat I flashed back to the scene in 'Alien' where the creature came bursting out of the guys stomach. Jeez, what took you so long to fix it, waiting to see if you fathered a species of alien predators?

I think I know what caused the hernia... PTN, you missed it, but Mort had a sip of a sowah at the holiday party and since it was so incredibly different than his usual Coors Light, he flew into a hysterical fit, yelling, and making a huge scene about, "yeeeeachghc... how can anyone drink that!?!?!" and all of that sort of garbage.

... as six or seven guys sit at the bar enjoying their pours.

It was awkward.

Everyone was thinking, "Who brought Captain Natty Light?"

and of course, if there's never any new ammo or victims, then the entire thread once again would boil down to PTN et al picking on Bog iron. Oh, wait, that's where it was before.....Doh.

and yeah, it did take a few days to get that funky taste out of my mouth after the Christmas party -
(cue more jokes......)

the_bird said:
Nah, see, I don't see the actual website on the first few pages when I Google "Bog Iron Brewing". It autofills "Big Iron Brewing" when you start typing, but Google doesn't bring up www.bogironbrewing.com as a search result (not that it's all that hard to guess the website, or find it on the Yelp! page).

In fact, this website appears well before yours in the actual listings.

http://bogironbrewers.com/

Personally, I think you should go with that one.

Hence my point. I tried taking screenshots at work but didn't have time.

Cape Brewing said:
I need a new avatar

You should use 'The Bog' logo. Seriously! It's wicked cool. Every time I see it I think "Man, would I love to have an icy cold Bog Water right now." My saliva glands start working and I start getting an urge to chug a Boggy.

Your sales would shoot through the roof if you could get that super wicked pissa logo of yours a little more face time. Everybody will want one.

We'll give you a 30 day free trial and then the membership will vote.
11.jpg

So Yeager and I are in the VERY early talking stages of planning the U5. We have agreed on the causes of our two most recent stuck ferments, we didn't oxygenate enough at the beginning and in the early stages and that did us in.

At least that's going to be our story and we're sticking with it.

Scheduling this is going to be a nightmare but we'll figure it out.

Like it matters when it happens. They havent made a good one in years.

Hey Paul. You know how the first one came out awesome? You should keep taking exactly what you did that time.... and change it dramatically again. I think you theory of "i am going to radically change the methods and I should get the same beer" is solid and is going to pay off big time one of these years.

Here's a link with some info. The hall opens on February 01 2013. The week of January 27-31 they are having 50 winners of a lottery plus a guest (two sessions) each night for a tour of the new hall. They are even spotting the beer. My wife and I are going on the 28th first session.

This article does not mention that they will have 20 taps, with some being "brewery only".

http://www.boston.com/business/news...-waterfront/FCPTtpDuUGptj5CwEzzWmI/story.html

Are you saying don't put a spin on a tried and true U# recipe?

No, see... that's different.

Pauly put his own spin on Sam Adam's Utopias... and it came out awesome, actually better than the original.

THEN... he decided, "Cool... I really nailed that recipe... now I'm gonna completely fck it by dramatically changing methods each time just for shts and giggles"... and hasn't made a good one since.

... so he DID put his own spin.. and that worked out... he's just refusing to just make it the same way he did the first time and fcks it up each time because of it. And poor yeager just sits there each time nodding, "gee, ok Paul... we'll do it your way"

That's the curse of Paulie; he made an absolutely wonderful beer once, and never will again. It's almost poetic; is it better to have made that beer once and forever be struggling to replicate it, or to have never made a beer worth a damn to begin with?

Fixed that for ya...

the_bird said:
That's a perfect analogy of the relationship between Paulie and Cape... is it better to have made that beer once and forever be struggling to replicate it, or to have never made a beer worth a damn to begin with?

I know which side of that argument I'm comfortable with.

Whatever. I'm going to bed. Tough night at work. Two guys shot and a dude hacked by a machete. All walking home from choir practice at 3 am, minding their own business when 'some dudes' f'ed them up.

Do you think that the only ID between the three of them was a Department of Corrections Inmate ID means anything?

Back