Any Chilli growers around?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
The start of the chilli season is upon us. Is anyone growing anything this year? Last year was my first crop, and granted it was one plant's worth - but I have a taste for it now. :)

I'm gonna do a few varieties this year - every one of them super hot, cayenne being the weakest. :rockin:

I have Pequin peppers growing wild out from of my place. It's nice.

www.pepperjoes.com if you want some weird seeds and such. the atomic starfish were interesting.

i plan on cayenne and poblano this year, as well as sweet bells and maybe the ones you pickle into banana peppers.

Have a fairly large garden every year and grow Jalapenos, Habenaros, Hungarian Hots and Thai Dragons. Can the Hungarians and freeze the rest for chili. All are super productive and I have enough until harvest time the next year, all from 4 plants each

I've just ordered mine, ready to plant within the week.

Jalepeno, Pimento de Padron, Thai Hot, Pusa Jwala, Hy Hot Cayenne, Tabasco, Habanero, Piri Piri, Facing Heaven, Big Jim.

Big Jims grow to nearly a foot long! hahah. This is from the chef's collection from World of Chillies, they've got nice seeds on there :)

Within the week?!
I am still a month away from starting them in the greenhouse-- very jealous!

Let the jalapenos ripen red and smoke them-- chipolte heaven!

Within the week?!
I am still a month away from starting them in the greenhouse-- very jealous!

Let the jalapenos ripen red and smoke them-- chipolte heaven!

Yea really. I won't be planting for a while. We got 3" of more snow last night

I am going to attempt chilies for the first time this year. It'll be our first vegetable garden, along with some tomatoes and herbs. I am thinking I'll go for Jalapenos and Cherry Peppers (no idea what the proper term for these are), along with some Bell Peppers as a first attempt. We're going to get the plot ready this weekend and hope to have some things planted by early April.

I am a way off from planting chilies since we got snow yesterday but I typically grow.

Jalapeno, Serrano, Poblano, Thai Bird, and Hungarian Wax.

MMMMMMM

I decided that this year I was going to try peppers. I have been reading about it for a couple weeks now and will be doing 8-10 different varieties in containers. I am also going to try some tomatoes and herbs too.

I will be getting pretty much all of them from www.pepperjoe.com. They have some really weird ones too like the peter pepper.

Back