Hops are good for

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pregnant women for milk development or at least that's what the doctor told the wife to find the hoppiest beer possible. He said to drink 8oz not the whole beer

I make tea out if it when my throat hurts or if I cant sleep. I also put it in the coffee maker to add some flavor to the coffee.

Pregnant women for milk development or at least that's what the doctor told the wife to find the hoppiest beer possible. He said to drink 8oz not the whole beer

It's actually the yeast in beer that helps milk production. My wife researched it after somebody told her having a beer would help.

other than being used in pillows, "hops are also an ingredient in Julmust, a carbonated beverage similar to soda that is popular in Sweden during December, as well as Malta, a Latin American soft drink. Hops are sometimes added to some varieties of kvass. They are also used for flavor in some tisanes."

Decorative planting, for instance on backyard arbors, instead of wisteria, and the like (Cooler too!)

jtd_419 said:
Does it really help a sore throat? How do you make it? Any recommended hops for it?

I use what I think is cascade whole leaf that I got from some guys back yard. I boil water then steep a hand full of them like tea for 10 min. If you want them really strong boil them for a minute with the water.

It really does seem to help. I read in some all natural tea book my wife has that they have a natural pain killing ability. If I can dig up the book ill let you know but I bet you could find it online.

I use what I think is cascade whole leaf that I got from some guys back yard. I boil water then steep a hand full of them like tea for 10 min. If you want them really strong boil them for a minute with the water.

I'll give it a shot..... thanks

signpost said:
It's actually the yeast in beer that helps milk production. My wife researched it after somebody told her having a beer would help.

Got ya thanks for the fix and correction

Back