Input needed: eBrewSupply kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cidah, bad link...?

oop!

I can go back to back as well on my 50a BCS setup. I don't use it though to to a design aspect of my setup that I need to mod. I recycle my knock out water into my HLT kettle for cleaning. I need to add a 3 way valve allowing me to redirect down the drain.

Part of my design requirements. I want to allow the on/off control of the panel via a 2-way switch on a larger contactor. I have a limit of 40a at the moment, but planning on having 63a din mountable contactors in the next few months.

30a setup should be the perfect setup for most, for those who want 50a, please contact me and I will work on a custom quote based on my design requirements.

I am sure you have far more creative solutions than me. I am sure I spent twice or three times what you are charging for my set up. Luckily I love it - but appreciate what you are doing for the ebuilds!!

:mug:

I love this idea. I'll be getting a bonus soon, and I think I'll be getting the 50a pid version. All though I would love to see pictures of a panel that's built to get a better idea of how it "should" look.

I love this idea. I'll be getting a bonus soon, and I think I'll be getting the 50a pid version. All though I would love to see pictures of a panel that's built to get a better idea of how it "should" look.

Thanks for the interest. I'm building a 30a BCS panel now, which should be finished by the end of this week. I will of course list it, once it has been well photographed. I haven't decided whether or not to build a 50a panel yet. The insides are similar between the BCS and PID, just the front really changes, so I can easily build the inside, just not sure whether or not I want to cut holes in the front.

Is there enough room for the wiring to add a timer and alarm? That is one thing that I do want to add to my panel. Alarm trigger on both pid's for temp and a trigger for time. That way I can use my kitchen timer for cooking and what not.

nitrousjunkie said:
Is there enough room for the wiring to add a timer and alarm? That is one thing that I do want to add to my panel. Alarm trigger on both pid's for temp and a trigger for time. That way I can use my kitchen timer for cooking and what not.

Sorry, thought I had managed to answer this question... Damn power outages... Yes, a timer can be added, no problem. A timer needs power, a push button and a buzzer to be effective, aside from that there isn't much else. I have hesitated on adding the timers to the kit drawings, but perhaps I will add them.

luketgd said:
I noticed that PID kits are listed on your website. I those for sale yet?

Affirmative. Just no PIDs in the kits. They should wire up nice and smooth.

Will you be updating the website to include a detailed description and drop downs for the PID kits just like the BCS kit? Also, is everything there to build the panel except the PIDs? Enclosure, wire, etc.? Sorry to bother you with more questions when it's clear you're working feverishly to get these rolling....

Do you do custom kits? Like if i told you what I need or showed you a diagram of what I need?

At the moment custom kits are tricky, since my shopping cart is finite. But I'll give it a whirl. PM me or hit the contact page on the site.

Any chance you might start selling motorized ball valves? Stainless 120vac ball valves, or even 24 volt would be awesome!

malador said:
Any chance you might start selling motorized ball valves? Stainless 120vac ball valves, or even 24 volt would be awesome!

Someday. Not likely soon though. Still trying to build up inventory on what I have. I want some valves for my brewery, so likely it would be around the same time.

nitrousjunkie said:
Do you have any lighted switches? I know they are a bit more expensive than a switch and light, but it would help keep open space for future upgrades.

Working on getting them now. Likely will have a limited number of colors to start, but for the moment, no.

Looking to build a EBAIB to do small 2.5 gallon batches. I would like to have to 120v elements plus be cook of my elic stove stop. Would like to us a PID dont need any timers would like to have a buzer for when the temp is reach and run one pump. What do you think ill need from your site?

Looking to build a EBAIB to do small 2.5 gallon batches. I would like to have to 120v elements plus be cook of my elic stove stop. Would like to us a PID dont need any timers would like to have a buzer for when the temp is reach and run one pump. What do you think ill need from your site?

TheDude,
I haven't given much thought to a 110 BIAB setup yet. But first thoughts are to use an SSR with the PID of course, and then perhaps a contactor between the ssr and the element. Aside from the element itself, everything can run across the switches on the site (10a maximum). I would use a 20a circuit specifically for the brew as well. Beyond these few ideas, the build can be quite small, I've seen several done simply in a metal tool box.

TheDude,
I haven't given much thought to a 110 BIAB setup yet. But first thoughts are to use an SSR with the PID of course, and then perhaps a contactor between the ssr and the element. Aside from the element itself, everything can run across the switches on the site (10a maximum). I would use a 20a circuit specifically for the brew as well. Beyond these few ideas, the build can be quite small, I've seen several done simply in a metal tool box.

Well just pulled the trigger on your 30a 2 pid 2 element kit with timer. Now all I need to do is order my pid's and timer. Well pumps and a few other things. When will this ship out? I'm kind of excited now...

Can most of your parts be substituted for the auberins parts that PJ recommends in his schematics and parts list? The SSR's, heat sink, e-stop, etc.? Your prices are much cheaper on some of those items

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question so i hope its ok to revive this.

I am wanting to do a 2 5500 element 2 pump HERMS setup Does your 50a kit come with everything I need for a control panel minus the wiring to instal and begin brewing, or are there other pieces i would still need. Is there a parts list? Looks like you have a good packaged deal here!

Back