Almost 10,000 Members!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I think either tomorrow or Friday we will hit the 10k member mark! I wonder if home brewing is becoming more and more popular or just more home brewers are starting to use forums.

:mug:

If you look at all the stuff that is on backorder at AHS, it seems that homebrewing must be become more popular (or at least AHS).

I read somewhere that 1% of the population are homebrewers. I don't know if that's true or not but that would mean in the US alone there are 3,000,000 brewers. This is clearly the best site on the net so it wouldn't surprise me for that number to double quickly!

TxBrew said:
I think either tomorrow or Friday we will hit the 10k member mark! I wonder if home brewing is becoming more and more popular or just more home brewers are starting to use forums.

You should be congratulated for making a haven for all of us to come to and discuss the greatest hobby there is.:ban: :ban: :ban:

Thanks!!!

I keep trying to get my brother to join here but he says he never gets the invites. He just changed email accts again so maybe I'll send him another one.

BierMuncher said:
I've converted two people at work to homebrewing in the last 2 months.

Modest, but they are hooked now.
I've gotten two as well. One is in his second batch the other on his third. There beers have turned out pretty darned good.

olllllo said:
10,000 give or take a few hundred guys pimpin' Nokia phones, a makeinitgood, a c-hed, our marine buddy...

Still.
Quite a milestone.

LMAO... don't forget those that LOVE their distilleries....

Ize

this place rocks, going to go for a premium membership soon...MUST support this. got a few friends right now into brewing...currently i'm their lifeline to this wonder of brewing information, they'll probably join eventually :D

TxBrew said:

Pretty cool.

I tend to wonder because some folks seem to come on with a good deal of knowledge and experience already, while some are brand new to the hobby.

Perhaps a poll would resolve this.

Congrats TxBrew, you have done good! Homebrewing is on the rise. This year's AHA National Comp. attracted a record number of entries, beating last years record. I think the internet has had a hand in that growth. Newbs can now access information and feedback that moves them through the frustrations of beginning questions and onto brewing success.

Brewpastor said:
Congrats TxBrew, you have done good! Homebrewing is on the rise. This year's AHA National Comp. attracted a record number of entries, beating last years record. I think the internet has had a hand in that growth. Newbs can now access information and feedback that moves them through the frustrations of beginning questions and onto brewing success.

I can speak from personal experience that I would be nowhere near where I am as a brewer if it were not for this community. The information, the friendships, the positive feedback, all combined to help take this from an interesting hobby to an obsession.

the_bird said:
I can speak from personal experience that I would be nowhere near where I am as a brewer if it were not for this community. The information, the friendships, the positive feedback, all combined to help take this from an interesting hobby to an obsession.
I second that!
I've learned more in the 15 months as part of this community than I did the previous 9 years of home brewing.
Thanks Tx!:mug:

I hadnt even given making my own beer a thought until I found this site.. thanks people for this life changing hobby!!

the_bird said:
Looks like about 3,800 who have ever posted.

That's disappointing. I guess they just register in order to search and view images?

I just e-mailed all old members so we will see if any of the non-posters come back and join in.

Looks like a little bit less than 2,000 who have both at least one post and who have posted since 12/31/2006. That's still a LOT of people.

The number that surprises/disappoints me a little is that there only seem to be ~425 who have at least 100 posts. Seems like that number would be a LOT higher.

As a recent first time poster and new brewer, I think many people register and lurk for awhile (as I did).

I'm sure some drift away from brewing before they start or shortly afterwards and never end up posting. Others find they enjoy it and become more active in the forums.

While I still have tons to learn I feel my learning curve was greatly accelerated by the info found here.

Cheers and thanks to all :mug:

I'm working on the 100 posts thing. Just too much good info is on the site already. Most of my questions are answered with a simple search and the questions I can answer tend to be answered before I get a chance to chime in with anything new. I'm sure that without this site I'd have made a couple or 3 brews with the set up I got for Christmas about a year ago and let it go. I love this site and the people on it, and as a result I think I'm a brewer forever.

very, very soon, my friend. sometime in the next three weeks (next 2 paychecks)

So, just out of curiosity, do you have a break down of how many paying members there are? How many Gold, Premium, etc.?

I rarely posted anything for months after I'd signed up because I know what a search function is. I probably would have drifted away if I didn't realize that you people are seriously messed up in the head :p

What I'm trying to say that without this site I never would have gone as far as I have with homebrewing as I would have without it. Thank you!

The great thing about this membership is that nobody is afraid to ask any question and nobody is above answering that question, regardless of how many times it may have been answered before.

There is such an abundance of Q&A and lively discussion, lurkers can get their fill of info without raising their hand.

I think it speaks well of the forum and the members.

TxBrew said:

It has happened and the newest member is pfranke

Necro post!

10x the amount I see we hit.

Back