New nanobrewery in Cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueflint

Reaction score
Paradise Brewing on Beechmont Ave. in Cincinnati has received their brewery license. They will be offering 4 beers to start with and expand from there.

These are great guys, I have been buying supplies from them for a couple years. They are helpful and friendly.

If you are on the east side of Cincinnati, stop in and say hello.

Ohhh, and since they just received their license, they will not have anything on tap until the second week of January 2014.

Tasting room opens March 1st. Only open Fridays and Saturdays to start. 4-8 pm on Friday and 12-4 on Saturday. I'm on the owner's mailing list and got the email about this last week.

Thanks for the info, lived on Beechmont for a number of years. The surge in brewing in the Cincinnati area is heartwarming consider the rich brewing history in Cincinnati.

With the severe winter we have been having, they were slowed up in their brewing...which still takes place outdoors...been too cold and windy. Original plans were to be up and running last month but that is how it goes. I stop in a couple times a week to pick up supplies, great guys.

Thanks Mtnagel! I don't think I've ever been so excited to move somewhere.

:off:
We were there about a month ago. Ate at the Incline Public House and drank some great local beer. Chickow! from Triple Digit is something I'm looking forward to trying again. Going to have to make a lot of brewery visits!

Do you have a favorite local brew? I also tried a couple of beers from Mad Tree (I think that is what it was), including their IPA.

Also, do you belong to one of the local Homebrew clubs? Shop locally at LHBS? I have a million questions... I'll stop now and try not to overload you :)

Not a problem. Always down for talking local beer.

Listermann's is where I shop for brewing ingredients. It's the most central and close to my work and house. They are pretty good. They either have everything I've ever needed or will special order when they don't. There is also one of the east side and west side but I've never been to those.

I'm part of the Bloatarians. They meet on the 3rd Friday of the month. Good times. Drink lots of beer. Hang out. Learn stuff. Check us out :)

Mad Tree is probably my favorite new local brewery. Also the closest to my house. Rhinegeist is amazing too and in OTR (cool huge open space building). Blank Slate is great. No tap room, but Scott turns out some very unique beers. 8 Ball in NKY has an amazing tap room. 42 taps with some very unique stuff that you can't get anywhere else locally. Only had a couple of their beers. Good stuff so far. There's a few others, but I'll keep this short.

Incline Public house is great. A few other good craft beer bars are the Brass Tap, Yard House, Cock and Bull, Mac's Pizza, Adriadicos, Comet, Fries cafe, Neons, Arnolds, Dutch's etc, etc. Great bottles shops are the Root Cellar, Jungle Jims, Dutch's, Party Source, etc. Let me know if you want more details.

So where are you coming from that you are so excited to move to Cincy? I don't think I've heard anyone say they were that excited before :)

Thanks Mtnagel! I don't think I've ever been so excited to move somewhere.

:off:
We were there about a month ago. Ate at the Incline Public House and drank some great local beer. Chickow! from Triple Digit is something I'm looking forward to trying again. Going to have to make a lot of brewery visits!

Do you have a favorite local brew? I also tried a couple of beers from Mad Tree (I think that is what it was), including their IPA.

Also, do you belong to one of the local Homebrew clubs? Shop locally at LHBS? I have a million questions... I'll stop now and try not to overload you :)
Weclome! We have three or four LHBS. I generally go to Listermann's because it is centrally located and close to where I live.

I like the Madtree Kolsch ("Lift") a LOT. It is very, very good.

As far as just knocking it out of the park, Blank Slate has become my favorite local brewery. Triple Digit is always great, too.

Not a problem. Always down for talking local beer.

I'm part of the Bloatarians. They meet on the 3rd Friday of the month. Good times. Drink lots of beer. Hang out. Learn stuff. Check us out :)
I'll have to do that! I've never been part of a Brewing club, and I have a LOT to learn.

Incline Public house is great. A few other good craft beer bars are the Brass Tap, Yard House, Cock and Bull, Mac's Pizza, Adriadicos, Comet, Fries cafe, Neons, Arnolds, Dutch's etc, etc. Great bottles shops are the Root Cellar, Jungle Jims, Dutch's, Party Source, etc. Let me know if you want more details.

So where are you coming from that you are so excited to move to Cincy? I don't think I've heard anyone say they were that excited before :)

I'm moving from North Carolina, which is not such a bad place. I'm stationed here at Ft. Bragg and have been for almost four years. Though I'm very appreciative of my time in the Army, I'm sure that part of my excitement is to get back to "normal" life. Also, Ft. Bragg is part of Fayetteville, NC, and that little city is not at all meant to support the 50,000+ soldiers stationed here. It's incredibly congested and I had an easier time driving in a snow storm in Cinci than on a slightly rainy day in Fayetteville.

Another portion of my excitement is that I'm going back to school. I have my undergrad and the GI Bill is going to pay for my Masters, and I can't wait to go to school!

Lastly, life is an adventure. I never thought I'd end up in Ohio. I'm originally from Nebraska, and Cincinnati nearly has as many people in its metro area than Nebraska as a WHOLE. I'm excited to go to Red's games with my wife and boys (though I'm a Royals fan), and I'm excited to go the Bengals games (though I'm a Chiefs fan), and I'm pumped to drink local beer and have a place to buy homebrewing supplies and people to do it with... just a great adventure to be had!

Sounds great man. Glad your excited to come here. I hear some many people that move here and say Cincy sucks, but they don't try to experience anything here. There is a lot to offer here if you make an attempt, which it sounds like you want to do.

I'd definitely recommend joining a home brew club as you'll make a bunch of friends just from that. If you ever want me to save you a seat at a Bloatarian meeting, just let me know!

Back