What is :mug:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you... :mug:

It doesnt show on the mobile app for some reason, but on the online version it is a emoticon with two much in midst of a happy "cheers!"

I find it interesting that nas dahrovye (a toast) is pronounced the same in Slovak,Russian,& Polish.
It's not really surprising: they're three very closely related languages. Czech, Polish and Slovak are mutually comprehensible, at least the simple things. I can understand basic bits of Russian, even though I've never studied the language.

I find it interesting that nas dahrovye (a toast) is pronounced the same in Slovak,Russian,& Polish.
throw ukrainian and belarusian in that group too.

all those languages developed long before our modern borders existed. the language changed a little from village to village, so the slavic tongue was a spectrum.

i get a kick out of folks arguing about whether something slavic (like pierogies) is polish vs. ukrainian vs. russian... it's all of them because it existed before those countries did.

Latest posts

Back