Will it happen tonite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will it happen tonite?

• Yes

• No

• Cuba

• Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rabid fans are a given; couple balls from #12 looked a little, shall we say, "pick-able" going into the wind. But, I've only been able to see a little of the game (I'm a sh*tty fan, sorry... :()

So this isn't a poll as to whether I'm going to get any tonight. Sorry. Please remove one 'no' answer.

Fingers said:
So this isn't a poll as to whether I'm going to get any tonight. Sorry. Please remove one 'no' answer.

I know you have blustery weather there and that can help...

but rabid fans????

Are you one of those pr0n site operators?

With that big old wind going on it's affecting the passing game & that could help the Ravens but I think Grogan going down is more likely. So my yes vote still counts on the nebulous poll ;).

Damn!

Nice 52-yard pass by Boller. Wouldn't been nicer if it were 54. Of course, they tackled Asante Samuel on the play, but it all worked out in the end.

Never a worry! Pats dropped a bunch of balls they usually wouldn't, which was almost the difference.

(Incidentally - has there EVER been a kickoff from the opponent's 35 yard line before? Wierdest thing I've ever seen).

olllllo said:
They had two consecutive 4th down do-overs.

Not our fault that Baltimore called TO. Ain't apologizing for their coaches f*cking up. Our fault for the false start, but that just made it 4th and 6th. And yeah, that WAS holding ;).

How can anyone say this is the best team ever? 2 weeks in a row they looked VERY beatable against mediocre teams. And the officiating. Good god, give me a damn break. Is this **** fixed? I mean seriously.

Roger Goodell should be embarrassed after the pathetic refereeing this week in the NFL. They directly affected the Ravens, Packers and Browns with completely bogus officiating.

Tonight, phantom holding call in the end zone, new life. TD catch in the end, WR is bobbling ball and even after a review still can't get it right. It makes me friggin sick.

Lucky this wasn't Soccer in Columbia. That sideline coach for the Ravens would be tied to an old truck to be dragged thru the streets of Bogota.

Grogans go down?

the_bird said:
Not our fault that Baltimore called TO. Ain't apologizing for their coaches f*cking up. Our fault for the false start, but that just made it 4th and 6th. And yeah, that WAS holding ;).

You're missing the point. It was dumb luck x2. Those would have been stops.

Dude said:
How can anyone say this is the best team ever? 2 weeks in a row they looked VERY beatable against mediocre teams. And the officiating. Good god, give me a damn break. Is this **** fixed? I mean seriously.

Roger Goodell should be embarrassed after the pathetic refereeing this week in the NFL. They directly affected the Ravens, Packers and Browns with completely bogus officiating.

Tonight, phantom holding call in the end zone, new life. TD catch in the end, WR is bobbling ball and even after a review still can't get it right. It makes me friggin sick.

thank you i feel a little better now

There was NO QUESTION that was a catch. Where was the bobble? Seriously? What about the no-call on Asante at the very end? They freakin' tackled him.

Yeah, there was luck. There's always luck.

Dude, take your victory over the Grogans and enjoy it. Good chance the Pack will get a fair shot to stop 19-0 in February.

the_bird said:
There was NO QUESTION that was a catch. Where was the bobble? Seriously? What about the no-call on Asante at the very end? They freakin' tackled him.

i dont care if it was a catch or not that play should never have occurred

the_bird said:

Are you kidding me? He was still bobbling the ball between hands when he went out. Ridiculous.

I'll take back my statement about the 4th and 5 holding call--I saw a replay and i was under the impression it was against someone else. Watson got mugged. FWIW, the Pats were holding on the same play, of course, no call.

It never left contact with his hands. They call that play that exact same way all the time. They don't officiate "control" as tightly as they did a few years ago (when the standard was ridiculously tight; four or five years ago, you might have a point, but they've changed the interpretation of that rule). There was never any question that Gafney had control of the ball, it wasn't going anywhere.

the_bird said:
It never left contact with his hands. They call that play that exact same way all the time. They don't officiate "control" as tightly as they did a few years ago (when the standard was ridiculously tight). There was never any question that Gafney had control of the ball, it wasn't going anywhere.

I don't agree.

If that game wasn't proof that Kraft has the entire league's officiating crew in his pocket I'll **** a brick right now. What a f*ckign crock of ****. The Pats couldn't take the game away from the Ravens so the refs came in and took it for them. There was no holding there, period, end of sentence. GRRRR.

Now, was this the best game they've played? Hell no. I'm worried about our run defense for the second game in a row. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't make it out of Pitt unscathed. Hell, it wouldn't even bother me too much; methinks that as much as they try for it not to impact them, the pressure of going undefeated has got to be having an impact on the team.

A couple of really uncharacteristic drops by Watson and Moss in the end zone, and another key drop at one point by Faulk (who made up for it with that tackle/strip). Hey, you've got to admit - that was one helluva hit for a smallish running back.

Back