something very, very horrible happened...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hophead44

Reaction score
Yesterday i only had one of my homebrews in the frig. So i went downstairs to grab some more for the frig. Turns out i didn't have any more! I've been brewing for about three years now and this is the first time this has happened. A major miscalulation on my part, it sucks and im ashamed of myself. I will definitely be putting my brewing into overdrive this weekend.

Oh the humanity!!!!

hindenburg1.jpg

After I finish a beer the bottle goes into an empty sixpack and when that's full they go on the bottle tree. When the tree is full it's time to brew. This keeps the basement stash to a very comfortable level..;) During the hot summer months I slip a little but will never run out.

bosco

boscobeans said:
After I finish a beer the bottle goes into an empty sixpack and when that's full they go on the bottle tree. When the tree is full it's time to brew. This keeps the basement stash to a very comfortable level..;) During the hot summer months I slip a little but will never run out.

bosco

Nice kanban! (Japanese word, look it up if you don't know it)

That's the worst. I too have two empty kegs and two that are pretty much done. I'm saving them so I can share a few pints with guests this weekend but I suspect both kegs will go sometime next week. My problem is I have fermentors tied up with long-term brews. I have one secondary tied up with a Tripel, one with a mead, and a barleywine that needs a secondary but I don't have another small carboy. Luckily, I have a Rye IPA that I can keg monday, and an oatmeal stout that should be ready to go towards the end of the week, and I just brewed a new experimental batch. Still, I'm going to have a lot of empty kegs for a while...

I feel your pain; I just kick my second keg this week which means I only have 20 gallons on hand and 10 gallons in fermenters. Time to start brewing.

I felt the same on the 4th of July!
We invited friends and family over for a small party in the afternoon for fireworks. I had 2 kegs in the kegerator ready; thinking they were each over 1/2 full.
I drank on them all day while cooking and getting the house ready.
First guest to arrive pulled the handle and just foam! Moved to the next handle and... just foam!

Thankfully I had some apple wine to drink but I was horribly embarrassed being completely out of beer.
On the bright side, brewed 4 batches since that day; I normally only brew once every 2 months.

I got down to about 7 cases once. I felt a bit weird having so little beer in the house.

I have pretty much the opposite problem. Pipeline is jam-packed right now. Let's see if I can get this right...10g Oktoberfest to keg, 5g Vienna, 5g IPA, 5g IIPA, 10g Scottish 70/-, 5g ESB. Plus 5g Helles d-resting and brewing 10g doppelbock and 5g bock this weekend. With schwarz, APA, IPA, southern english brown, and CDA currently on tap.

BrewerBear said:
Been there,I feel your pain. What are you brewing this weekend(and next)

Im currently brewing a vanilla cream ale. Next weekend it will back an oktoberfest. Than a pumpkin ale. Ill never let that happen again o_O

I also have the opposite of your problem. Besides all the homebrew me and my girlfriend had to go to a wedding in Chicago and hit 3floyds HARD.

Back