I don't like to brag.......but DAMN!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophy_Brew21

Reaction score
I just bottled my summer beer tonight, a recipe I randomly made up. It was damn tasty, I was sketched out at first. I opened the lid, and it stunk like fermented cat crap. So I tasted it, and it was damn amazing, especially for a uncarbonated beer. I could drink it without it being carbonated, it was that good!

If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know!

Aroma of fermenting cat crap? Please share! Not being sarcastic either, would like to know

% LB. OZ. Malts
56% 4 8 American Two-row Pale
19% 1 8 Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L
12% 1 0 Vienna Malt
12% 1 0 Wheat Malt
1% 0 2 Brown Malt

Hops
60 min 0.5 oz Amarillo
60 min 0.4 oz Citra
10 min 0.5 oz Amarillo
10 min 0.6 oz Citra

Yeast
Wyeast American Wheat 1010

Miscellaneous
1 tsp. Irish Moss
2 limes (zest and juice)

I used 4.1 oz of table sugar for priming. I hope that is right, we'll see in a few weeks!

Aroma of fermenting cat crap? Please share! Not being sarcastic either, would like to know

Exactly, it smelt of high alcohol with a smell of cat crap. But it tasted so good, and hope the aroma of cat droppings go away with force carb and bottle conditioning!

fwiw, Citra as an early addition/bittering hop can have that effect. I never use it for bittering, always very late additions and dry hopping...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back