So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up doing an impromptu batch of Cider on Sunday, showed the father-in-law how to make it :D Now he wants to get in on the fun

plan to do my first AG batch BIAB style this weekend. thinking about an IPA but may do a light beer of some sort. i'll have to check out the level in my kegs.

Brewed a West Coast IPA that was suppose to be 6 gallons, buddy I introduced into homebrew (his second batch assisting) and I started drinking our last homebrew batch at the beginning, neighbors came over, started drinking more. Became a bit chaotic, too much going on, and ended up mixing up a few of the hop additions, and boiling off too much wort. Went from 6 gallons to 5 gallons. OG was suppose to be 1.069, ended up with 1.081. Used a starter, and was fermenting like crazy when I woke up the next morning. Smells great though.

It's cool introducing new people to homebrewing, but I like my brewspace to be organized and for things to happen on time, and this was anything but.

^^ I hear ya. 2-4 people and it seems all good. More than that can start getting to the point of forgetting stuff. We did a squash ale last year and we usually brew on the back deck but this one we brewed on the front porch because it was raining some.

We started just the two of us. Neighbors across the street came by. Next door neighbors then came by. Lady across the street dog got out. Some guy that lives 4-5 houses down wandered over. 3 cars with other friends came by during the boil. It was a little bit of a mad house and being that the brewing was happening on a 5'x 12' porch rather than a 14' x 20' open deck, well, a lot of beer was drank and some mistakes were made.

Anyway, We did a Hibiscus Lemongrass Saison Sunday in the back. Went smooth. Smells boss.

BM6MXYvCcAAdTfI.jpg

4oz dried hibiscus and 1oz corriander in a hop bag and 6 stalks of lemongrass smashed just dropped in. All for the last 10 minutes.

saturday i plan on a brewing 10gal of American Brown Ale
sunday i plan on brewing 10gal of Hoppy Amber Ale

I'll be brewing SN's Sierra Madre Pale Ale all grain kit tonight once I'm home from work. Stoked to finally brew this month!

Had a bit of bad luck with the past few original recipes that I concocted on my own so on Thursday I will be making Northern Brewers DeadRinger. I can't wait! First brew since early March.

not brewing, but workingon some brews already started. Dry hopping a IPA, transferring 5 gals of watermelon beer so it can clear and the same with a pale ale.

Planning for 10 gallons of a pumpkin ale. (time to start brewing pumpkin now if i want to drink it in the fall..)

I brewing tonight and possibly this weekend. I have 6 different recipes to brew but chances are I'll brew these two first:
Call of Calypso - A 5% 38 IBU Maris Otter/Calypso saison SMaSH.
Hop Garden - 6% 55 IBU Bravo/Nugget Biere de Garde

Welp, I brewed the NB Sierra Madre all grain kit last night - missed my og by 4 points and I spilt half the US-05 yeast packet while sprinkling it into my car boy - hopefully it comes out alright and this was my first time not rehydrating.

Any words of comfort? Should I get another packet of yeast to pitch just in case?

It's not the weekend but I am 15 minutes into my mash on NB's Deadringer. So far a pretty smooth day just hoping I have enough propane for the entire boil. If not the closest exchange is only 2 blocks away.

Second batch ever is fermenting, I couldn't wait for the weekend (plus I'm going away for 2+ weeks) so I went out and bought a second bucket from the LHBS. This batch was Northern Brewer's American Wheat with some tweaks (I didn't want a plain, uninteresting beer).

I added 1/2 lb of orange blossom honey and the zest from 4 oranges right after hooking up my wort chiller. Hopefully should retain a little orange and honey character. If not, it'll get a tiny gravity boost.

Used US-05 and it took much longer to show airlock activity than the Windsor. Chilled down to 70 and pitched rehydrated then lowered gradually down to 64 with ice bath. Windsor took 2 hours and US-05 took more like 15. It is just really starting to take off 40 hours after pitching so I put a blow off tube on just in case. Got worried for a while but now all seems well.

In honor of my ancestor, Amalgarde Budde, who along with her husband, Konrad Brochterbeck, founded the Cistercian monastery Gravenhorst in 1256, I'm brewing 11gal. of Dusseldorf Altbier. I was trying to find a beer style that I thought would have been close to something that would have been brewed back in their day. After a little research, I decided on the Dusseldorf Altbier. The monastery in Horstel still standing today (after extensive restoration) and is used as an artist's retreat. :mug:

I'll be brewing up a Pale Ale for my friend's wedding…
it was one of those "he can you make beer for my wedding? it's in 6 weeks, that's plenty of time, right?" approaches. But I said "yes" so it's too late to complain now...

I'm doing at least one batch, and perhaps two. The one I am certainly brewing is a Vanilla Porter.

Brewing up 10 gallons of an ESB over the weekend. I've not done 10 gallons on my setup or used my new PID Herms setup so i'm hoping for the best!

I am brewing up 5 gallons of IPA Saturday. I do BIAB and I'm really working on my efficiency.
Man I love brew days!:ban:

i'll be brewing my first BIAB tonight and tomorrow. going to do a IPA first to get the hang of it and then Cream of Three Crops. buckets are empty so i best get at it.

Good luck with your efficiency!!

I am going to brew 10 gallons of Yoopers fizzy yellow beer. It turned out good last time, but this time I am going to ferment with lager yeast and see what happens.

Big weekend. Bottling a Belgian stout, racking a Belgian pale ale onto cucumber, brewing an American wheat...which will be thrown into secondary with about 6 lbs of apricots next week.

Frige said:
I am going to brew 10 gallons of Yoopers fizzy yellow beer. It turned out good last time, but this time I am going to ferment with lager yeast and see what happens.

Sounds interesting. Where can I find this recipee?

I'm brewing a brown ale.

9lbs 2 row
8 oz black malt
8 oz choc malt
8 oz crystal 80
8 oz crystal 10 (laying around)

2 oz EKG @ 60
1 oz hallertau @ 10
.75 oz tettnang 10 min steep

Pitch s-04 cuz thats all i have in the fridge.

Brewing my very first ever batch. An IPA recipe found at Home Brew HQ in Richardson, Tx. Wort is boiling right now, drinking some Lagunitas IPA and celebrating a Rangers win in STL. Cheers! :mug:

6 lb. Malt extract
1 lb. Cara-Pils
1 lb. Two Row
1/2 lb Medium Crystal
4 oz. Cascade hops

Brewing my very first ever batch. An IPA recipe found at Home Brew HQ in Richardson, Tx. Wort is boiling right now, drinking some Lagunitas IPA and celebrating a Rangers win in STL. Cheers! :mug:

6 lb. Malt extract
1 lb. Cara-Pils
1 lb. Two Row
1/2 lb Medium Crystal
4 oz. Cascade hops

Prost! Welcome to the addiction, hope you have a hidden bank account from your wife.. it gets expensive! :mug::rockin:

Luckily I had a good friend lend me his HB equip as he's moving to New Mexico... so start-up costs were minimal. My wife also enjoys beer as much as I do, win-win!

Back