What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up yesterday. I'll be enjoying it on Christmas : )

ForumRunner_20121203_085427.jpg

WesleyS said:
You son of a motherless goat! Waiving that Pliny in my face like that! Oh well. I had a couple pretty successful trips to the liquor store in the past couple days. Got a Lucky Bast@rd and a Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp and then today came home with these.

Finding a bottle of Enjoy By 12-21-12 made my week! I'll probably drink that tomorrow.

Tell me what you think of the Hop Manna. I loved it! I haven't heard anyone else talk about it but its a great beer!

divrguy said:
Tell me what you think of the Hop Manna. I loved it! I haven't heard anyone else talk about it but its a great beer!

I'll probably drink it sometime this week and let you know what I thought about it. It was new to my area so I had to grab it.

Haputanlas said:
You don't like Sublimely Self Righteous?

I haven't had that. I general I steer clear of Chinook because it has this incredibly harsh bitterness that tastes like battery acid to me in most cases. Stone must have something about their water or whatever that doesn't let that quality surface as much because I personally can't use the stuff, and whenever a beer has it, particularly when used as an early addition, I pick it out right away.

Berg Original. One of the local breweries. I need to find out if the brewpub half a mile from my house sells bottles, I just moved here.

Mighty Columbia Imperial IPA I brewed a bit ago and went on tap on the 30th of Nov. Turned out better this time than last due to some procedure changes. I expect it sold out in 2.5 weeks again (happy and sad both)

I haven't had it before. I couldn't believe I actually paid $12 a bottle for it, but I feel like I need to at least try it once.

i bought one, left it sit for ~3 years before I tried it. I thought it was a very, very good beer. I donno if I would have liked it the year it was brewed. This was a 2007/2008 bottle I believe.

LaFinDuMonde said:
Just a couple of Headys :)

Yeah, that's just a few. Lol. With how much I've heard about that beer, I've gotta get my hands on some one day. That and Pliny.

Glass of merlot. SWMBO and I started a diet today that prohibits alcoholic beverages with greater than 1.4% residual sugar, which is pretty much any beer I'd drink and I don't trust any calculations that would indicate my homebrew is dry enough. Apparently there are several types of wine that meet the criteria, so I here I am with my glass of merlot. The good news is that on Saturdays I will be able to drink as much beer as I want. So until then I'll be living vicariously through all you fine folks.

nukebrewer said:
Glass of merlot. SWMBO and I started a diet today that prohibits alcoholic beverages with greater than 1.4% residual sugar...
Good luck with the diet, and just remember it could have been worse - like drinking grapefruit or pickle juice!

Coors Batch 19, and its pretty damn good. Similar to Original Coors but slightly more fruity, and its a little spicy, about the same body.

ForumRunner_20121203_180845.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
I've got some '08 still left in the basement. got any to put away for a few years?

Yes sir, I was able to get two 4 pks and two bottles. I got the Cherry Rye as well and I'm going to have a hard time putting some age on that.

Firestone Wookey Jack tonight. Bottle are just not the same as from the tap.

Hmm I ve had it ontap an tasted some astringency , but never had the issue out of the bottle..

As for me , first up Sixpoint Autumnation, and next North Coasts Prankster:ban:

A scotch ale I made awhile ago. Let sit in the car boy for about a month then bottled it and let it sit for another month, wasn't real happy with it so I let it sit for two months. Real nice now... just another example that a great brew or wine doesn't run on my timetable,, its ready when its ready...

Back