kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawktrap74

Reaction score
i want to keg beer how hard is it? anyone tell me were i can get the goods. i need everything to start with. also were can i get some kegs? are cornelous kegs any good let me know

Cornelius kegs are perfect. In general, the only downside to kegging is a bit of expense initially. It's so much better and easier than bottling that it is *well* worth it. You only clean one keg instead of 60 bottles. Plus no waiting to naturally carbonate.

www.morebeer.com has everything you need for a keg/tap setup.

Janx said:
Cornelius kegs are perfect. In general, the only downside to kegging is a bit of expense initially. It's so much better and easier than bottling that it is *well* worth it. You only clean one keg instead of 60 bottles. Plus no waiting to naturally carbonate.

www.morebeer.com has everything you need for a keg/tap setup.

'cept if you don't have room to keep your kegs constantly refrigerated...like myself.

You'll find that fridge's are pretty easy to come by. A lot of folks will give them away rather than pay to dispose of them. I got mine for free when a neighbor bought a new fridge. It holds 4 kegs after "modifications" ;)

Janx said:
You'll find that fridge's are pretty easy to come by. A lot of folks will give them away rather than pay to dispose of them. I got mine for free when a neighbor bought a new fridge. It holds 4 kegs after "modifications" ;)

Easy to come by, but not easy to make room for when you rent an apartment...hehehe

Good point ;)

Sometimes I take for granted how much easier it is to have a bigass brew setup when you have 40 acres to sprawl out on. Sometimes...but not often ;)

I am just starting to do kegs and so far it seems very easy. There is a little price at first but not that bad if you look around. I found 1 keg at the dump and got a 5lb CO2 can from a friend. I did look around at prices since eventually I will have to give the CO2 can back. At my local HBS there is a 15lb CO2 can with gauges and hoses for $110 and corny kegs used they sell for $25.
As far as space I don't see a fridge taking up more than bottles. I think the fridge is actually a space saver in the end. I bought a little fridge that will hold 2 kegs with the CO2 bottle about 3' high. I just look at the space all the bottles would take up between what was full of beer, what was empty and storing them. Now with the fridge, the kegs are inside and the next batch is on top fermenting.
My first batch to be kegged will be done tonight, I am excited.

Back