Any Family Guy fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the 420 episode was absolutely brilliant.

the whole cat shaving, 9 lives scene was the funniest thing I have seen on tv in a long while.

hmm...haven't seen that episode...

family guy is pretty funny most of the time. OK, actually, Brian and Stewie are funny most of the time. The rest of the show can blow me. And no, I'm not talking to you, Herbert!

My family tends to watch it fairly often, so we are fans. Our 4 year old head will spin around quick anytime he hears the theme music from it, so I think that he is a fan.

I would say no! not a family show. especially the DVD. The episode where Dick Cheney is a Wall Mart greeter. He says "Go **** yourself" to everyone that walks in the door!! Not for the youngins.

Not even the language, but the violence, the sexual innuendos, the complete disrespect for anything and everything...sure, it makes it funny as hell, but kids don't understand satire.

I used to have "The Four Peters" as my cell phone ring tone. I swapped it out for the closing theme to Robot Chicken though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a fan. I think one of the first conversations I had with my fiance involved family guy quotes.

I've seen exactly one episode. It was Star Wars done Family Guy style. How I didn't become hooked is beyond me. That there was some funny poo. Guess I should start watching more often.

My favorite ep is the one when they end up in the deep south in the witness protection program.

"What's that smell?"
"It's either bad meat or good cheese"

Family Guy: Bag of Weed

It.... it's stuck in my head and I can't get it out!

haha we watched that last night and SWMBO (middle school art teacher) says "OH NO!, All my students are going to be singing that tomorrow and I'm going to laugh!"

But yes I love family guy, and it is NOT a family show. But to each their own. My brother lets his daughter (almost 3) watch it when they do and she repeats everything at the age. She doesn't know what it means, but she doesn't need to learn either.JMO

I couldn't place what it was they were doing a parody of. SWMBO had to point out that it was Mary Poppins, and then it clicked.

i used to like family guy alot, now i think they just tend to go too far. american dad however has grown on me alot. same thing with the simpsons, used to like it but now i just dont care. futurama is awesome tho. *love it!*

First three seasons were epic. Now, a lot of it is the same ol jokes.

Some of my favorite quotes have come from that show, though :D

"they'll make you call fellatio a trouser freindly kiss" :rockin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA]YouTube - Family Guy - The Freaking FCC[/ame]

Cuz ya can't say penis :D

Plus, just read my sig!

Everybody has to admit that Family Guy is pretty funny....at times. Obviously they have some good writers but many of their episodes fall very flat for me. The little segments they have that go back to the 80's, 90's movies or cartoons show very bad writing skills on the part of the writers. Sometimes it is blatantly obvious that they are just filling up time for the 22.5 minutes they have for the show. Call me Cartman but it is, at times, very dull and very immature comedy. Such as the Chicken Fight, fairly stupid in my opinion.

On the other hand, some of the original clips are Freaking Awesome, such as Stewies Guitar Song, Brian trying to stand up in a van, and pretty much any part with Brian and Stewie. It is nice to see a show centered around one character (Peter) start focusing more on other characters that the audience likes (Brian and Stewie). This is very similar to The Simpson's which started this whole genre where it first focused on Bart and over time has progressed to Homer.

Just my 2 cents.

I for one look forward to the blatant time filler clips. The chicken fight is getting kind of old, but for the most part I enjoy them. Especially the Conway Twitty ones. Last time I saw it thought they played the entire Conway Twitty song. That was a bit much!

I used to have "The Four Peters" as my cell phone ring tone.

Me too! I freaking loved that one, and then my mom heard it and wanted it. :D

I really like Family Guy, particularly when they're taking political potshots and/or crapping on Fox - it's just easy candy for the brain. And for some reason, I love it when Brian acts like a dog, i.e., unable to resist chasing a stick or freaking out about "Mr. Hoover" (the vacuum).

"Just calling to talk to the muscley newspaper boy, wondering when you're gonna come and bring me some good news..."

I love the cutaways, the more obscure the better. If you're too young to get some of them, I can understand how they could seem odd, but for those of us who were around when what they're referring to was on, they kick ass!

I really like Family Guy, particularly when they're taking political potshots and/or crapping on Fox - it's just easy candy for the brain. And for some reason, I love it when Brian acts like a dog, i.e., unable to resist chasing a stick or freaking out about "Mr. Hoover" (the vacuum).

SRSLY...the show would be nothing without Brian and Stewie. I love the episode where James Woods steals peter's identity and takes over the house, making Brian into an outside dog.

[Brian chases squirrel around pole while barking until the rope becomes taught(sp?)]

Brian: "Oh my god! This rope was longer and it suddenly became shorter! What kind of black magic is this!?"

Peter: "Hey, Brian...what are you doing tied up to Meg's pole?"

:D

The little segments they have that go back to the 80's, 90's movies or cartoons show very bad writing skills on the part of the writers. Sometimes it is blatantly obvious that they are just filling up time for the 22.5 minutes they have for the show. Call me Cartman but it is, at times, very dull and very immature comedy.

Kyle: "Cartman, you *******! Let me out of here!"

Cartman: "Yes, Kyle...feel that anger. You know what that is? That's character development based on what's happening in the plot! Nothing like Family Guy!"

:D No doubts...South Park certainly pwns Family Guy.

Quagmire: "My fellow Americans: I have not been entirely truthful with you. I did ga-googity that girl. I ga-shmoygadeed her ga-flavity with my googis, and I am sorry."

Quagmire: "My fellow Americans: I have not been entirely truthful with you. I did ga-googity that girl. I ga-shmoygadeed her ga-flavity with my googis, and I am sorry."

Quagmire FTW Giggity Giggity Goo! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cPFhYVXIAs]YouTube - Family Guy Season 6: Quagmire Edit[/ame]

Probably the grossest episode:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRn5-LQCg2s&feature=related]YouTube - Family Guy Puke-A-Thon[/ame]

Quagmire sleeps on top of the dresser and he occasionally says something outrageous. My wife stays away from him and his gross anecdotes.

Back