Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snowtires said:
Is that mirror/shelf thing a headboard for a bed? I swear my parents had the exact same one on their waterbed when I was a kid

It was the top to a dresser. We have the dresser in our bedroom but my wife wasn't crazy about the mirror so I grabbed it to be my bar back.

here's mine. me and a buddy converted an old freezer with a temp regulator on it. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387926089.371901.jpg

yea I was 18 and was just excited to get something up and running. sad to say all that flowed out of it was mostly natty at WVU 😣

The WV is misspelled, and the colors are wrong. If you could go with a nice scarlet and grey, and correct the spelling to OSU, then that would be a nice one.

haha never that but since I'm a raiders fan I will respect your poor choice to rep O State lol. Pryor is the future!!!

haha never that but since I'm a raiders fan I will respect your poor choice to rep O State lol. Pryor is the future!!!

Oh, you poor, sad man. I may be an OSU fan, but I'm not disillusioned. Pryor is not the future. Pryor is just Pryor. There is a reason he plays for the Raiders.

It's actually the trip pan from my beertender for new castle mini kegs, but the home brew kegerator gets more use. So i high jacked it.

I'm honored to have my first post after a long time following be of my "Tasting Room." I just finished hooking everything up last night.

Cheers!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388437615.415429.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388437643.081219.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388437680.847934.jpg

Very nice, I want one of those.
How do you sense the volume remaining in the keg?

Short answer, I lift the keg and update the database. I'm re-vamping the Kegerface source code (the original, not the Hymaswood branch) and will be trying to add automatic updating.

The original only had SRM 0-40 in increments of 5 (0, 5, 10, etc).
The SRM colors were wrong.
The was no SRM numerical readout.
He only had bitterness in 0 - 3 hop icons.
There was no IBU numerical readout.
There was no tasting notes section.

I'm still working on the Alcohol column and Status columns. I'll be adding a shotglass scale for the ABV, like in the two left columns. Right now, the status column looks like it's a battery meter, with only 5 states (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). I say battery meter because it goes from 100% fully green to 0% red outline like a cell phone display. I'll be re-working that to look like a keg as well.

Just bought 10 flow meters today, so hopefully I can rig up real-time updates. I'd also like to make RFID drinker cards and accounts ala Kegbot as well. Last, I'd like to install solenoids in the lines to prevent accidental spillage.

More info: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/feeler-any-interest-digital-tap-lists-450400/#post5778120

Short answer, I lift the keg and update the database. I'm re-vamping the Kegerface source code (the original, not the Hymaswood branch) and will be trying to add automatic updating.

I'm still working on the Alcohol column and Status columns. I'll be adding a shotglass scale for the ABV, like in the two left columns. Right now, the status column looks like it's a battery meter, with only 5 states (0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%). I say battery meter because it goes from 100% fully green to 0% red outline like a cell phone display. I'll be re-working that to look like a keg as well.

Just bought 10 flow meters today, so hopefully I can rig up real-time updates. I'd also like to make RFID drinker cards and accounts ala Kegbot as well. Last, I'd like to install solenoids in the lines to prevent accidental spillage.

More info: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/feeler-any-interest-digital-tap-lists-450400/#post5778120

Crazy stuff. What are you going to do with the flow meters?

That's awesome

The flow meters wll be used to measure each pour. If you know the empty weight of the keg and the final gravity, you can calculate volumes really easily. Ill decrement the full value to update the keg level in real time. Also logging each pour and tiring with rIGId card accounts, can probably build some cool infographics us in the metrics.

The 10-way way purchased from AIH pre-built since I couldnt find Taprite parys individually and Taprite wasnt interested in selling to the public. KegCo added 1- thru 10-way secondaries to their site after I requested a quote.

Your Cream of Three Crops tap handle is lying.

You mean the color? Yeah, I swapped kegs around in the keezer right before the pic. Also swapped the handles. Didn't update the marker or taplist until after the pic.

If you mean the style written below the tap handle, I assure you its accurate.

I just have an unpainted 2x4 on a chest freezer, nothing too crazy or elaborate. I like simple but would love to revisit painting it

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388473269.218604.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388473328.142688.jpg

The flow meters wll be used to measure each pour. If you know the empty weight of the keg and the final gravity, you can calculate volumes really easily. Ill decrement the full value to update the keg level in real time. Also logging each pour and tiring with rIGId card accounts, can probably build some cool infographics us in the metrics.

The 10-way way purchased from AIH pre-built since I couldnt find Taprite parys individually and Taprite wasnt interested in selling to the public. KegCo added 1- thru 10-way secondaries to their site after I requested a quote.

Nice looking setup! That's a whopper of a kegerator! For future reference, what make/model of flowmeters are you using? I am to understand that since you committed to 10 of them that you've already experimented with this concept with positive results?

Nice looking setup! That's a whopper of a kegerator! For future reference, what make/model of flowmeters are you using? I am to understand that since you committed to 10 of them that you've already experimented with this concept with positive results?

Swissflow SF-800 flow meters.

Negative, have not tested them. However, I've spoken with some experienced members over on the RPi official forums that think they'll check out fine. And they've been used successfully for the Kegbot project on Arduino/Android up til now.

One member here seems to have gotten them to work fine with the hardware, but not on the scale of 10 meters of course.

You mean the color? Yeah, I swapped kegs around in the keezer right before the pic. Also swapped the handles. Didn't update the marker or taplist until after the pic.

If you mean the style written below the tap handle, I assure you its accurate.

I meant the color. I'm familiar with the recipe and the written description is spot on. I do enjoy that beer quite a bit though.
That's a cool rig you've got there. I played with the original kegbot a couple of times when I worked at Google and was visiting the main campus. It had some pour issues, but really made me want to buy some flow sensors and set something up. I've got too many unfinished projects as it is, but it's on the list. :off:

Negative, have not tested them. However, I've spoken with some experienced members over on the RPi official forums that think they'll check out fine. And they've been used successfully for the Kegbot project on Arduino/Android up til now.

One member here seems to have gotten them to work fine with the hardware, but not on the scale of 10 meters of course.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I just looked at the device, you are very brave at $60 a meter. They look like a great device, too bad they don't offer a volume discount for 10 of them.

Latest posts

Back