Ebrewsupply 30a 2 element / 2 pid kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C860AF8A-C70A-4A71-BEF6-CFFF989FE923-20570-00000B61461831B6.jpg

96105DD8-7280-4CC2-9E3D-ED1B77AB8D97-20570-00000B613A7D9376.jpg

thanks coal cracker! nice build! starting mine soon. just bought a similar kit and nice to have pics as reassurance.

bone

Hey Coal any chance you could post more pics of the controller???? I'm seriously considering by that exact kit and would like a visual reference of my end game! how do you like it? Was it difficult to build?

You can tell it's my control panel. Just plug it in and it's asking for oral...

Wasn't too difficult to do. I had my brother in law do the wiring as I didn't feel comfortable with 240v. I'm confident I could have done it though. If you don't have any electrical or electronics background, I wouldn't attempt this as your first project. The kit is great though and recommend it. I've brewed many of great batches.

I like your power distribution rail setup. Where did you get it and do you have a part number or name? Great build!

Never mind I see its all in the kit.

Could you possibly post a picture of the controllers internals as a whole? Thanks coal!:mug:

Do these kits only work with 240V or is everything good up to 240V, and it can be used for 120V?

Do these kits only work with 240V or is everything good up to 240V, and it can be used for 120V?

These are 240v kits, designed for common US household single phase 240v service. 120v can be derived from that within the panel, but a 120v input to the panel will not work. There are threads here around 120v builds.

These are 240v kits, designed for common US household single phase 240v service. 120v can be derived from that within the panel, but a 120v input to the panel will not work. There are threads here around 120v builds.

Thanks.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

What is everyones thoughts on buying this ebrewsupply kit over sourcing the parts individually? Worth it, or should I just try to find what I want on my own through ebay etc..

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

What is everyones thoughts on buying this ebrewsupply kit over sourcing the parts individually? Worth it, or should I just try to find what I want on my own through ebay etc..

IMHO the kit contains components that while top of the line, these components are totally unnecessary for this application.... you can accomplish the same function safety and effectively for less than half the money. Its all in how fancy you want to get... do you plan on opening it up and showing off the guts to your brew buddies?

As mentioned, it depends on how much you want in your panel. I am getting ready to start the build on their 50A BCS Complete Kit. Kind of like with computers, you can individually source the parts but one of the problems with that is if you deal with too many vendors, it makes it difficult to return something if there as an issue, worse yet if they are in China. Shipping quickly eats into savings. Not to mention time trying to find the best price is the soft cost that is hard to put a price on.

So do you need all this stuff? Nope. As mentioned you can get into electric cheaper. It depends on what you want out of it.

Personally I wanted a lot of the features. I thought about starting with a large panel and slowly build it out, but the more I thought it through, it didn't make much sense to go through rounds of rebuilds to add more to it. I just bit the bullet and got everything in one purchase.

IMHO the kit contains components that while top of the line, these components are totally unnecessary for this application.... you can accomplish the same function safety and effectively for less than half the money. Its all in how fancy you want to get... do you plan on opening it up and showing off the guts to your brew buddies?

Which parts in particular are top of the line and unnecessary? I want to go with the 2 PID approach for eventually building a 3 kettle system even though I am starting with BIAB. Thanks

Which parts in particular are top of the line and unnecessary? I want to go with the 2 PID approach for eventually building a 3 kettle system even though I am starting with BIAB. Thanks

I don't recall what is all in that kit but you only need one PID. You could either move the element connection or there are options to use a potentiometer. You don't need an alarm. Don't need twist lock sockets or plugs stuff could be hard wired. Fancy pump control, don't need it. Ampmeter and voltmeter are not needed.

That is just a couple items that could be eliminated some of which may not be in the build you are looking at but it gives you an idea.

Makes sense, I am amazed at how many different ways there are to build a control panel. The only thing I know I want is the ability to expand my panel to support a three vessel system with two pumps down the road. Otherwise, still deciding on parts.

all you need is two contactors or relays ($7 a piece) and a three way switch with on off on positions ($3), a $4 wire terminal bar two pids with manual mode on at least one (mypin TD4 is my favorite for $26 shipped) two ssrs and heatsinks ($22 all together for the 4 pieces ) two pt100 RTD probes for $6 a piece and a box ($30 at home depot) electrical wire and connectors (i use switchcraft and xlr connectors.) an $8 voltmeter and about $10 in indicator lights also help if you want to get fancy. My whole panel ony cost $220 to build. and I also have a timer and two pwm speed controllers fror the pumps.

correct me if I am wrong, but the mypin td4 is basically the same as the auber 2352 right? any reason to get the auber over the mypin?

Also, sorry for the thread jack.

Im not familiar with the auber.... I have read that auber has helpful tech support but beyond that I see no other reason to pay twice as much if money is a concern... I have used the rex pid and the mypin ta7 as well and strongly recommend the TD4 although the TA series is fine for everything but the Boil kettle as is works the same way with the same controls as the TD4 but lacks the manual duty cycle mode for fine tuning a steady boil. the price difference between the Ta and TD series can be as little as $5 on ebay or amazon.... newegg also carries the mypin pid controllers.

Back