Travel Advice? - SoCal Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpalarchio

Reaction score
In June I'm traveling with family to the Southern California area. We'll be traveling to San Diego, Carlsbad, Anaheim (Disney) and Temecula.

We have many family activities planned so my time for beer adventures will probably be limited but I'd like at least one or maybe two quality outings.

I have a 1.5 and 4 year old girls; they'll be with me along with my wife, mother-in-law and probably a few cousins. Some like good beer, some are wine people.

That said, if I can hit up 1-2 places, where should I go? Ideally I'm looking for some top tier local beers and food.

The Stone Liberty Station location seems to be in the area but is it a place where I could take a couple of kids?

I would say if you have the kids and wife that hitting up Pizza Port in Carlsbad would be a good bet. Family friendly and you can get a number of local brews. You could also hit Stone in Oceanside if you can't hit Liberty station.

I would check out noble ale works in Anaheim. It is 14 miles away from Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

San Diego. Stone world gardens at Liberty Station or Escondido, both amazing and family oriented with a gorgeous restaurant and even bocce ball courts. Ballast Point or Mission are excellent. IN Carlsbad Pizza Port for sure. one of the best brewers in the country IMO. Temecula, there's aftershock, black market are OK.. nothing really thrilling in that area. Anaheim. Wow lots.. The Bruery (in placentia) is amazing esp for Sours and Belgians, Bootleggers, Old Orange, Valiant and Bottle Shock. Noble ale works is great too. Taps in Brea prob one the best brewers in the USA and great food. PM me w/any questions I know them all very well

San Diego:

Ballast Point(little italy or scripps ranch) and Rip Current are absolute musts.

Temecula:
Ironfire is a must, and Wiens is solid as well. Garage brewing is a brew pub with average beer and awesome pizza, it's more family oriented.

Anaheim area:
Noble Aleworks and The Bruery are musts.

I also agree with all of the Pizza Port suggestions. You can pick from a number of locations: OB, Carlsbad, Bressi Ranch, San Clemente, and Solana Beach. Carlsbad would be ideal, since you already plan on going!

Great info guys. Very much appreciated.

I have a few months to map these places out and hopefully I'll make it to a couple in between family time at Disney and Legoland.

In Fullerton, "The Brewery" is excellent!

AND if you want to take the family shopping one day for great deals, go to the "Ontario Mills Mall" and stop by I&I Brewery in chino, california. You will get the IPA of your life...

+1 on Wiens in Temecula, I was highly impressed when I stopped there. Stone in Escondido is a "bucket list" place. You can't throw a rock in SD without finding a great beer bar or brewery.

Back