My DIY Lego Stirplate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
Once again, thanks to all for the inspiration. Here is my version of a cheap and easy stirplate...with a little childhood twist!

2012-11-05_22-11-27_85.jpg

2012-11-05_22-13-07_858.jpg

2012-11-05_22-16-34_818.jpg

Haha!!! That's awesome!!! It's like that little Lego guy on the top is shouting "Hooray Beer!!!!"

And those trees are a nice touch.

Coolest stir plate EVER!
That would inspire a person to make a starter on a regular basis, if they didn't already.

BEST STIR PLATE EVER!!!! Love the use of the Lego part for the handle! That is bad A$$ my man! Did you glue them all together?

Hats off man!

Jay

I just finished making my stir plate out of a cigar box. I had to show yours to my wife to prove that I'm not the biggest beer nerd.

In parting let me say, "we're not worthy!"

I love the idea that this is a non conductive material, and you could build ANYTHING from it.

So. Many. Ideas.

I can't believe you used your kids toys to build that! Lol, jk. Thats pretty cool.

Haha thanks guys...was a fun little build. Was nice not having to drill, cut, glue, swear, ect...Instead I just took out a 8 prong lego and put it a 6 :)

BEST STIR PLATE EVER!!!! Love the use of the Lego part for the handle! That is bad A$$ my man! Did you glue them all together?

Hats off man!

Jay

I actually did not have to use any glue...which surprised me. It might be hard to see, but the lid has random 'thin' legos all across it as sort of a cross beam support system...if you will?

This is incredible! I just built my stirplate last week out of Radio Shack parts and I now feel that mine is inadequate. Maybe SWMBO will let me build another...

best ever. Great idea.

Did you secure the fan to the legos underneath it somehow or is it just reating there? Also, details on the power/speed switches?

best ever. Great idea.

Did you secure the fan to the legos underneath it somehow or is it just reating there? Also, details on the power/speed switches?

I took one of the long legos and turned it to the inside every couple inches. I connected those to a little stand made of legos for the fan to sit on. I just had to play around with combinations of the legos of varying thickness until I found a height that worked.

The switch is just from radio shack...and I extended the part of the potentiometer that connects to the lego dial so it made it through the legos thickness. It was just luck that I had a round shaped lego that had a hole in the center that fit real snug on the end....like it was meant to be. :)

Latest posts

Back