Keezer Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movaux

Reaction score
I am nearly complete with my keezer project and am at the point to start to gather the faucets, shanks, and regulators to finish and start pouring the nectar of the gods. I have a 5 cubic ft chest freezer and would like to have two faucets and a co2 tank inside. My collar is 6 inches high with the stock lid on top. Can anyone recommend the appropriate hardware I should look into?
Thanks

That would be a decent "starter" kit for commercial beer. I would look into where you will be getting your CO2 from. If you can get that shiny new tank filled then you are good to go. If you have to exchange, then you are going to lose that shiny new tank and most likely never see it again. There's a very good chance it will get exchanged with a steel tank.

You will probably find out down the road that you will need longer beer lines to cut down on foam and get a good pour from your keg. I believe that most of us that have keezers/kegerators find that 8 to 10 feet of beer line gives a very good pour.

If you plan on brewing your own, you will need either ball lock or pin lock connectors for connecting to "corny" kegs.

You can always start with that kit or a kit like that and upgrade/add to it as you go.

That ebay link is for sankey. Do you have cornies or still need them too?

I have a thread in classifieds for WTB keg equipment & had numerous people say Kegglebrewing was a great place to shop. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/1st-keg-setup-so-pittsburgh-nothn-special-361058/

There are many places I have found & here in the vendor section... I wanted one with reasonable prices & good rep, seem to have found it

2 cornies, Co2 tank, hoses, faucets, regulator, everything you need: http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Two-Tap-Home-Brew-System_p_8.html

sry, that link is for party taps not faucets, shanks, etc. But he carries it all too: http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Draft-Beer-Components_c_7.html

Thanks for the info. I will probably exchange the co2 tank when I need a refill so I wouldn't get a kit with one included. Would a dual regulator be the best if I wanted both a porter and a Belgium white on tap at the same time in order to have the proper co2 for each? Thanks for the tip on the beer lines. I would not have know that.

image-2477551629.jpg
image-399063981.jpg

Attachments

• image-2279872054.jpg
    image-2279872054.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 824
  • image-497963038.jpg
    image-497963038.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 856
  • image-1723538647.jpg
    image-1723538647.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 848
I am nearly complete with my keezer project and am at the point to start to gather the faucets, shanks, and regulators to finish and start pouring the nectar of the gods. I have a 5 cubic ft chest freezer and would like to have two faucets and a co2 tank inside. My collar is 6 inches high with the stock lid on top. Can anyone recommend the appropriate hardware I should look into?
Thanks

Hey movaux,

This would work well for you. A 2 faucet, shank keezer kit. You can upgrade to stainless components if you like.

http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-2-tap-fridge-homebrew/

Happy brewing!

Look for EBAY temp controller threads in this forum...the DIY forum. Here is one . You can build this controller for about $30. I have one on my fermentation freezer and it works very well.

I'd go with something you know well...an old favorite. Nothings worse than getting new equipment and being disappointed with the brew!

What'r the specs on that chest? Looks like 5 cu ft...much slicker looking than a converted mini-fridge!

Very nice looking!
WjR

Thanks! Yeah it's a 5cubic one. I only have a limited space by the bar in order to get in and out from behind it so a 5 was the biggest I could go.

Back