ka-ka-ka-keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
:rockin:

the whole gang, picked up the keggles from the welder today and got them put together tonight.
IMG_3423.jpg

still need to acquire a 1/2" NPT thermometer, any recommendations for stem length? this will be the HLT
IMG_3422.jpg

thanks a ton to everyone for their help in getting this project off the ground.
can't wait to try them out, i got the cream of 3 crops ingredients burning a hole in my basement!!! :rockin:

Nice work...are you staying with brass valves or moving to stainless...I'm about to have my two kegs done too, wondering if the stainless valves are actually required or if brass will suffice...

from what i understand brass is fine. i plan to stay with that for the time being, i already had a bunch of the parts, so i figured why not. if i feel ambitious and have some extra dough sitting around someday, i may switch to stainless.

I only use stainless when I find a deal on Ebay to the point where it's only a little bit more expensive than the brass. Case in point would be my 3-piece stainless ball valves. I paid $45 shipped for three of them. Three 2-piece brass ones would have been like $25 including tax at the local Lowes. That's a bling-worthy $20 difference.

Not so great when I was looking for stainless quick disconnects. In that endeavor I settled on the brass ones from Mcmaster.

what exactly is the benefit of having a 3 piece ball valve? i mean, they look bad ass and all, but i assume there's some other difference also.

Back