getting impatient! These buggas better ripen soon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
... or frost'll get 'em!

I have resisted posting any anxious hop threads all summer (another first time grower) but man how long do i have to wait! They are so beautiful and big and abundant! I want to pick! Alas they still smell green.

Okay. Thanks got that out of my system.

:D

I only have a few on my first year plants. Just about enough for one brew probably. Even so, they are like yours. I think the poor deluded suckers are just sitting there thinking they are going to see their first ever Christmas if they can hang in there long enough. :(

schmegging hell!

Just went to check on them again now that the rain has subsided a bit and they've got brown spots on many of them. Couldn't do an accurate smell check as they are pretty wet. They were nice and green the other day. Guess now they are headed south.

Guess there is no "perfect" time to pick. Hope they smell good tomorrow guess it is picking time.

Live and learn.

Just flick one with your finger. If the stem snaps, pick. Brown spots are also a sign.

You cannot go by the smell.

yeah, I used the flick test, the papery feel test, the site test checking the lupulin color and the rub between your hands smell test. Still no snapping with the flick. Papery feel yes but I am not sure how papery is papery.

I thought brown spots denoted past prime? Anyhow, pickin' tomorrow morning. :ban:

yeah, I used the flick test, the papery feel test, the site test checking the lupulin color and the rub between your hands smell test. Still no snapping with the flick. Papery feel yes but I am not sure how papery is papery.

I thought brown spots denoted past prime? Anyhow, pickin' tomorrow morning. :ban:

Did you try the poking them up your butt and seeing if they sing God bless America test yet? I won't be picking mine until they pass that one. ;)

I think I'll pass on that one. Not the hop character I'm looking for.

Stop bein' so jealous I can't help it if my hops are more mature than yours

:D

this has been picked for 30 hrs - does it look right?

homebrew 016.jpg

homebrew 017.jpg

Latest posts

Back