Cool or Unusual bottle openers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy has one like this. Knowing his penchant for herbal supplement, I thought it was a pipe, until he opened a beer with it.

I had a pair of the Reef sandals, but I wore them out. Literally ripped off my foot while opening a bottle.

Man... so you use a prosthetic now? Sucks about your foot. Weak ankles? How'd you get the leverage?

My buddy has one like this. Knowing his penchant for herbal supplement, I thought it was a pipe, until he opened a beer with it.

Yeah, I thought it was a whistle or something when I opened it. Either way, very cool -- and everyone who sees it wants one.

Hopefully I get back to Belgium in the next year or two and can get one of the Mannekin Pis bottle openers. Not sure what happened to my last one. Can't seem to find a link able pic, either.

I was parking bikes at Earth Day one time and saw one of these:
662100d1324951777-bike-mounted-bottle-openers-dropout009.jpg

Anybody have one that mounts to the wall and has a magnet under it to catch caps? I saw one on YouTube but can't find one. Maybe I could build one. And ideas?

Well I can't just come out and call y'all amateurs, but I can say that I never don't have an opener.
Insert double negative/alcoholic comment here!

That KANSAS opener looks like a block of wood with a magnet and a bent nail. I'm gonna make some of them. That's fabulous!

Just ordered one of each of these, a .50 cal for the home and a .308 keychain one for carrying.

bullet-bottle-opener-1-500x500.jpeg

308-keychain-bullet-opener-500x500.jpeg

Got these for running the August half marathon in Madison, WI. You get tickets for free beer after you finish, plus your medal is a bottle opener. God, I love Wisconsin.

2013-03-27 20.59.06.jpg

Im not at home so i had to find a pic, I have one similar to these that my brother picked up for me in Texas, made from a rail road tie.

image-1335554382.jpg

Im not at home so i had to find a pic, I have one similar to these that my brother picked up for me in Texas, made from a rail road tie.

I think you mean a rail road spike. A tie is quite large and cumbersome.

Regardless, they look cool.

You know,after looking at these cartridge bottle openners,I'm inclined to make use of the 8mm Springfield casings I have left from pop's 21 gun salute when we buried him. He was a seabee,111th special battalion that built the runways to bomb Hiroshima & Nagasaki. He also blew up Japanese ammo & fuel dumps with his buddy,killing all the guards with Thompsons.
I may just make some bottle openers out of them. Just to crack a beer in his memory.:mug:

If twist off a cd works. Though I did it once and shattered the cd into a million pieces

You know,after looking at these cartridge bottle openners,I'm inclined to make use of the 8mm Springfield casings I have left from pop's 21 gun salute when we buried him. He was a seabee,111th special battalion that built the runways to bomb Hiroshima & Nagasaki. He also blew up Japanese ammo & fuel dumps with his buddy,killing all the guards with Thompsons.
I may just make some bottle openers out of them. Just to crack a beer in his memory.:mug:

Make cool tap handles .

Here is my version of the KANSAS opener from post #112. I turned it up this weekend from some oak. I even ground off the nail head so it wont snag in your pocket. I had to adjust the nail a bit to get it to catch the crown edge, but it has thereafter worked perfectly.

IMG_5187 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5184 (800x533).jpg

IMG_5185 (800x533).jpg

I've got the homebrewed wall opener on the outside post of my deck with a Sam Adams bucket to catch the caps. Works great!

MisterClean said:
You can have mine after your pry it from my cold drunken hands. I'm surprised you got it on your keychain. Isn't it a bit unwieldly? I tried, and it kept getting caught on everything.

Nah it isn't too bad. The swmbo keeps hers in a drawer because of it adding too much bulk to her keychain.

My folks went on a trip to Australia a couple of years ago and upon their return this was one of the souvenirs that they brought back for my brother and I. I have a sticky hook on my kegerator door where this unique bottle opener is hung. Its quite fun watching my brewing buds try to open their bottles without trying to touch the hairy kangaroo sack or the look they give me when I tell them that's the only opener around. -Redbeard5289

kangaroo scrotum bottle opener 2.jpg

Back