Beer Swap: Evan's Beers !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
I got beers from Evan (aka Moss Hollow Brewing Company) yesterday! Evan asked for no-holds barred criticism in return.

The first two (Stunkelweizen and L'il Brudders Golden Lager) were nicely made homebrews but did not have enough hops for a hop head like me. The more I homebrew it seems like the more I like the extra bite that I add to every batch now. Carbonation was good, beers were clean, but kind of malty for my taste. I suspected that from the descriptions, so I saved the best two for last....

The Cappaccino Stout was absolutley extrordinary. "Inundated with several shots of local Shenandoa Joe Cofee Roasters 'Dark Horse' Espresso" Holy Sh*t! This was amazing. I believe this beer would win awards.

Basil Ale 07"ER- described as a high gravity, high IBU copper ale with copious amounts of honey malt and fresh cinnamon-basil from Moss Hollow Brewing's Gardens. Another winner. Not too high gravity for me! Balanced with just the right amount of hops. Except for the cinnamon, which was a nice addition, this is exactly the kind of beer I have been trying to make. I haven't quite got there yet, unless I have something in a fermenter.

I liked getting 4 12oz' instead of 2 22'z. I will send out 4 12oz. next time. Out of 4 beers, I got two that are pretty much on par with my brewing skill level, and two that are way better than anything that I have ever brewed. Thanks Evan! :mug:

Hey Evan, your HBT personal message is box is full. I tried to PM you for the recipe and procedures for the Cappuccino Stout. I doubt I could duplicate it, but I would like to try.

Back