Beer & Sweat KEG-ONLY Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarkJohnny

Reaction score
Hey fellow HBT homebrewers... looking for a fun homebrew competition this August?

On August 21 Bloatarian Brewing League will again host Beer & Sweat (so named as the time of year is quite hot). This event is unique as it's a KEG-ONLY competition. All entries must be in a keg... no bottles allowed!

for details hit www.beerandsweat.org and download the flyer or register your kegs!

To give a brief synopsis... it's held at a hotel so no driving worries; competition judging starts about noon on Sat; at 5pm the doors to the hall open and we will have all participants kegs lined up with tap stands and placards with descriptions of the brewers name and beer type. All those who enter the competition will receive a wristband and commemorative tasting glass to sample ANY and ALL beers they wish; live band entertainment; raffle with awesome prizes all night; commemorative gifts to judges/stewards; prizes for category winners announced that evening; plus, hang out with fellow homebrewers!

We also need judges and stewards! Judges and stewards get free entry to the hall after 5pm.

It's a fantastic time... if you are in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area or would like to plan a trip around the competition there's plenty of fun things to do in the city. We have a world class zoo, art museum, Reds baseball, Bengals football, the first and original Hofbrauhaus in US is 10 mins from the hotel and lots more family fun.

oh yeah, we usually average 250 KEGS!! This event is about 20 years running and we also hosted the NHC in 2008. We know how to throw a party!

and there is a prize of a new corny keg for the most kegs entered (hint, you gotta beat ~18-19 entries to even come close!) :mug:

Has anyone been to this? I'm thinking about entering / going but it seems a little sketchy, no one is discussing it.

The guy that is trying to form our brew club is real big on this event. I guess he went a few years back and had quite a time. I don't think he is on HBT though. I know he has some video on his facebook page. I'll try to post a link later.

Sounds like a great time. I just moved to Ohio and unfortuntely I don't have any beer ready for this but I will keep it on my radar for 2011! If Cincy wasn't 3 1/2 hours away I'd come check it out this year as a judge. Judges don't get free hotel accomodations do they? I suppose I could always sleep in the car :)

if you guys have any questions let me know... I'm the event director.

@robtotten what seems sketchy about it? just curious

cheers,
hark

Back