Flat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedalmedic

Reaction score
OK did a search, could not find this so here goes. Have had the corney under 35-40 psi in a fridge at around 43-45 degrees. There is plenty of foam when i pour the beer, it fills the glass, but the beer is flat. Am I missing something? I release most of the CO2 and give it a little to about 10 psi to pour. Still lots of foam and beer is flat. Checked for leaks with soapy water and had not found any.

OK did a search, could not find this so here goes. Have had the corney under 35-40 psi in a fridge at around 43-45 degrees. There is plenty of foam when i pour the beer, it fills the glass, but the beer is flat. Am I missing something? I release most of the CO2 and give it a little to about 10 psi to pour. Still lots of foam and beer is flat. Checked for leaks with soapy water and had not found any.

How long has it been at 35 psi? How long is your beer line?

How long was it under pressure? (35-40psi is a lot!).... I usually finish out fermentation in my corny, so it gets some carbonation during that time.... then I put it under some pressure. From recollection, when I force carbonated exclusively, I would set to the desired pressure, shake the corny like crazy, and then let it sit for 24-48 hours... usually that had good results (I generally was in no hurry as I was pressurizing green beer.

Sorry... Been about a week at 35. I don't understand why the beer is flat. The line is about 3 feet. It is the length that came with the kit for kegging from Mid West.

Back