Can I get some feedback on a milk stout recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Positives, negatives, suggestions on making the beer better/more to style, suggestions to go eff myself. Any feedback is appreciated.

1oz. Nugget (60 min)
6oz. Black Patent Malt
8oz. Chocolate Malt
10oz. Milk Sugar
1lb. Crystal 80L
6lbs. Dark Dry Extract.

This is 5 gallon batch with a partial boil (3 gal).

Obviously the grains are for steeping, but using Beersmith I came up with:

1.059 OG
1.013 FG
32.1 IBU
37.4 SRM

Your thoughts?

This will be my next brew, so I'll definitely let you know how it turns out. I was hoping to get more feedback on the recipe before I order ingredients though.

I just realized that I wrote this down and brewed it too, sort of. Totally forgot. I went to 1lb of lactose, added 1lb Kiln Coffee Malt, .5lb flaked oats, and added 1.25oz worth of ground coffee to the bottling solution. Breakfast stout. Tastes awesome! Nice brown head and good lacing. I was a little low on my OG and it finished with a high FG (1.023ish). Perfect breakfast stout. Decided to modify this to an all grain and eventually it changed away from the original recipe a bit, but I got the grain today and will be mashing in tomorrow AM.

Back