Brewers Hardware thermowell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gritsak

Reaction score
I know there is some debate on using thermowells, but i wanted to try one out for myself. I searched around and ended up purchasing the one from Brewers Hardware (http://www.brewershardware.com/16-Stainless-Steel-Thermowell.html). It just came in the mail today, and i must say it is very nice. The end is rounded and completely smooth, no nooks or crannies for bugs to hide. Needless to say i'm very impressed with the quality and can't wait to try it out. Definitely a step up compared to the crimped/solders ones, and the price is essentially the same (~$14).

Just a heads up for those in the market:mug:

I bought the same one to use in my fermenters. I've been pleased with it.

Do you used it with carboys or buckets? I use a bucket as a primary for nearly all my beers. My plan is to drill another hole in the lid and use either a grommet or small drilled stopper to seal the thermowell.

Which temp. controller and probe do you use with this thermowell? I'm wondering if the Ranco probe would fit inside of it.

Which temp. controller and probe do you use with this thermowell? I'm wondering if the Ranco probe would fit inside of it.

They could have made it easier if they stated the ID of their thermowell tubes, but their SS temperature probe tips are 1/4" OD and they fit inside the well, and I just miked one of my Ranco probes and it's exactly .25" OD, so it may well fit nice and snug...

Cheers!

I purchased two of the shorter straight thermowells to use in regrigerators for a cheese cave. I also bought the shortest threaded thermowell with the heat shield for a boil kettle. I want to use these with the Love sensors. The fit is nice for the temperature probe, and the quality of workmanship on the thermowell is excellent. I can't wait to try them for my applications. Finally, I thought that the price was decent.

Back