Any home brew clubs in the Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaviking

Reaction score
Looking to get beer more involved in the culture around these parts.. If there isnt one, anyone interested in starting one up?

We are like right in the middle of both of those.. Although they both sound fun, PBD seems like they have more events. And Due South is pretty nice place to meet.

I know the Buddah is trying to get a club started, Which I would probably join. I drive there fairly regularly as is for supplies.

Would love to have one in Pompano though. Could meet at the new Buddah Brewery in Oakland Park or Brother Tuckers out on the Beach.

I also go to Buddah's regularly, closer to me than it is for you. I did not know they were talking about forming a group. I would join that also. As of now i will most likely join PBD.
Brother Tuckers?? Have not heard of or been there.

Brother Tuckers is a hidden gem. Beer is good and so is the food. Its right on the corner of Atlantic and A1A on the south side (well about a 100 feet west of the corner) you can easily pass it if you're not looking. You'll need to park out back, but it's really nice. One of my local favorites here.

Another great place is Checkers Ole Munchin. Great German food and beer.

Wish I would have known about it sooner. What is their meeting schedule? I might make the next one as Funky Buddah is really dragging their feet.

So I think I am going to try to get a club going on my own. PBDM and FLAB are just too far for me. Would you have any interest in a pompano beach club? Going to see if Funky Buddah in Oakland park will allow us to meet once a month

What about the group that started and meets at Funky Buddah's Boca location?

I would like to join a closer group as well.

Martin

I was un aware of this group. I know Buddah was talking about doing it, the last time I asked (a few weeks ago) they said nothing is being done about it as of yet and the owner was yet to approve it.

There is a non affiliated group of people that meet there?

The new guy there seems to be more enthusiastic than Phil. He told me early October he would send something out about the club, and the home brew comp was pushed back two weeks.

Also, just heard back from the Oakland park brewery, they are willing to let a club meet there. We would just need to schedule a time and they will reserve a spot.

I think at this point it will be wait and see. If the home brew store is starting one up I might just join that one. Would probably be much easier. If I don't hear from them by mid October ill put my plan into action.

Ok,

Here is the latest.

I spoke with Jack at length yesterday about this. He is very open to the idea of having a brew club at the Main brewery.

I just sent a response email to their brand manager requesting a Wednesday meeting day. I was thinking either the 1st or last Wednesday of every month.

I'm waiting to get the final confirmation and the set date from the the brewery and then we will officially start recruitment.

MD, I'm assuming you are in? With you, that would make 4 of us so far with anyone and everyone welcome to join.

I have not.

Not a bad idea. Would definitely get more people involved. Do you want to take the lead on that?

I know members of FLAB and PBD have talked to Jack about a brew club because they were sick of driving to Davie/Boyton for the meetings.

I think once the word gets out about this one, we will gain some members from them, and hopefully some good organizational ideas.

Still waiting to hear back from The Buddah... I know they are busy down there and it takes a couple of days sometimes.

I'm thinking our first meeting wouldn't be until after the holidays anyways. So we have time.

Hey guys, I will be coming down to florida in feb and was wondering if this meet will happen?
Has anybody gone to Big Bear Brewing? Family lives near and want to check it out.

So I think we can make it happen.

I never heard back from John at the buddah, but as small as this club currently is, I don't really think we need permission.

Eddie...

I have been to Big Bear a couple of times. Beer is really good. I'm a big fan of their Brown Bear Ale. If you go, you absolutely have to try their Beer Meunster Cheese Soup... its life changing.

Thanks Flavking will check out Big Bear. When are the meets? Hope I can taste some homebrew while I'm down there. And meet some cool people while doing so.

I'd be interested in coming out, I was never able to meet up with the flab boys on account of my men's league hockey playin the same night. I only know a small handful of broward co brewers.

If you are going to be near Big Bear in Coral Springs, then there are 2 more brewpubs to check out. BJ's Brewhouse and Tampa Bay Brewing Company's Coral Springs Tap House. They are less than .1 miles from Big Bear.

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/fl/coral-springs

http://www.tampabaybrewingcompany.com/tbbc-coral-springs-taphouse.html

BJ's is a chain with an on-site brewery. Coral Springs Tap House carries the TBBC name; however, it is has an onsite microbrewery where the owner brews his onw ... they don't brew any TBBC beers onsite.

**I hadn't been to BJs yet. There is no brewery there. The beers are all brewed at their brewery in Houston**

I was in Funky Buddha on Saturday. Meet two other guys interested in joining also. I gave them my e-mail have not heard from them yet. John and Allen. Let you know when I do.
I have not spoken with anyone from FLAB as of yet.

Right now I'm thinking the second Wednesday of every month at 7pm

So our first meeting would be January 8th @ 7pm

Happen to be out of town the week of 1/8 but I'll be at the following meet ups.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Md... Unfortunately, I can't make a Thursday meeting as I have other obligations that night if the week.

Latest posts

Back