I love my xbox 360!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Third time.. turned on to play some halo 3 tonight. Still got 3 months my extended best buy warranty, hopefully I can just trade for a new one tommorow. for the 3rd time.

IMG_2745.JPG

The problem here is the flux capacitor is WAY too close to the Dilithium crystal

Drunkensatyr said:
The problem here is the flux capacitor is WAY too close to the Dilithium crystal

thats got to be it.

but anyway, that happened to two of my friends yet mine is still going strong. odd thing is i got my long before they did?!?
:mug: heres to hoping you dont have this problem again.

Just replaced mine after 8 months, got a system that was manufactured 2 months before I got it and it is starting to act funny. Great playing system but lousy equipment.

Time to get an Elite! :D

Sorry to hear yours crapped out. I've had one friend who had something weird happen to his, not the 3 red lights though.

Mine is at Microsoft right now being fixed. Funny thing is when I got the red rings of death, I hopped online to check my warranty and It had expired 11 minutes earlier. I couldn't believe it, the warranty actually had the time of day that it expired. As you can imagine, I got pretty pissed and called them up to gripe. The guy was pretty helpful, he extended my warranty another three years and got a box out two days later for me to send it in. That was about a week ago, so I'm still waiting to see if and when I get it back.

Mine took just over two years to crap out on me. They handle the fix pretty fast though.

It's a sign from god. I was in love my 360, then it died and I got a new one about a year ago. Got a ps3 around the same time. Well, xbox 360 died again and I slowly fell in love with the ps3 for it's speed, stability, quietness and sheer sexyness. Last night the playstation network for gaming (free) went down for about an hour. I was pissed, it was primetime gaming hours. So, I decided to give the xbox some love. I threw in halo 3 and BAM red rings. I was really f'in pissed then. Couldn't play either game I really wanted too and the xbox took most of my wrath because it was supposed to save the evening and didn't just "not save it" it effin died on me :mad:

Well, I still hate Microsoft... but I LOVE BESTBUY!!! I had 3 months left before my extended best buy warranty expired, I've already used it twice to trade in a broken xbox and they were supposed to end the warranty both time, but didn't. So they let me trade in again.

Well, they were out of the core xbox that I bought last time ($299) but they had the halo 3 special edition xbox's in. They gave me one straight up, it came with a wireless controller, headset, harddrive and HDMI output which my other didn't have.... and I got it all for free, brand new. I love you bestbuy :D

inlinehalo3console.jpg

I didn't buy the extended warranty, but I did get the Elite. Several of my friends got the First Gen 360 and have had no problems.

You don't really need the best buy warranty, even if they didn't exchange it I could've shipped it back to microsoft since they recently extended their warranty on. But that would've taken forever. Was nice to walk out of the store with a new one today... for free, no shipping or nothing.

Cheesefood said:
I didn't buy the extended warranty, but I did get the Elite. Several of my friends got the First Gen 360 and have had no problems.

Yep, the only problems my friends have had, are with the disc's cracking from the middle to the outside.

I'd suggest getting the xbox and the power brick off the carpet. The xbox can't breath when it's on carpet. I've had my xbox 360 since release day and have had zero problems. I've kept it in an equipment rack with the power brick hanging behind it so air can flow all around it. I've also heard of people putting the power brick on top of the box the xbox came in to let air circulate all around the power brick.

My xbox 360 just died Friday night. I must agree with the Best Buy warranty, just walked in and walked out with a new one. The problem I am having now is with all of my xbox live arcade games. Microsoft says I will have to wait 30 days before I can get them back, and that was after faxing my receipt to prove that I swapped out my system. Sorry I just had to vent.

:mug:

Xbox are renound for over heating. You can buy an external fan attachment to keep it cool and it fixes alot of the problems but it sounds like a helicopter...

rmck1 said:
Xbox are renound for over heating. You can buy an external fan attachment to keep it cool and it fixes alot of the problems but it sounds like a helicopter...

ef that, the disc drive is already loud enough. And, I've spent too much on xbox accessories already.

That wierd-my Best Buy Warranty was not the walk in/walk out with a new one.
My 360 died at about 6 months.
I had to call the service number, they emailed me a shipping label. After I mailed the unit in, they mailed a BB gift card for the original purchase amount. Took about 3-4 weeks-I would have preferred an in store exchange.

I know this is about XBOX, but I've been using a small 8-10 " fan that was just sitting around the house. I didn't want to waste $$$ on a fan that STILL probably wouldn't cool very well. I blow it right into the entertainment center shelving, and it recircs the air quite well. My system is only slightly warm after hours of play. As for noise....I just turn the home theatre up another notch :) Kinda funny that something that costs SO much requires this much attention.

My 360 went down a couple months back. SWMBO has a cat that likes to chew on wires and I thought that's what broke it but after replaing the 100 dollar power brick and cord, it turned out to the box itself. Microsoft extended the warranty and I think it covers/covered any 360 already made. I shipped mine of to get fixed.

The turn around time was very quick though, my box stayed here in the state. I was worried that my $400-$500 gaming system was going to be crushed by the UPS guy but they do a good job packaging it up. I even got it back before Halo 3 launched. Although I don't have a wireless adapter yet (Santy Clause might be nice this year) I still enjoyed playing through the story line.

Once I get online, I'll be able to take out some frustration on some 12 year olds!!

Online, those 12 year olds regularly hand me my azz on Halo 3.
I can hold my own on Gears of War, but there are a lot less people playing it now.

Back