Leap Year Free Shipping deal from Jaybird!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So..You asked..... and like the good listener I am, I am going to offer a free shipping deal till the leap year.....All orders $89.99 and over are shipped for free automatically !!!!!! Do me a favor, if you order and get the free shipping deal, reply to this thread so others know its going on and can get the same deal.
Its on the site already so..........Hit it!
Cheers
Jay

Hey jaybird. I'm gonna be ordering an FB during this special but I was wondering about your hopstoppers and how they work with pellet or whole leaf hops? Also do they have bottoms or is it just the top and sides?

Also do you put "custom" lettering on the FB?

Hey jaybird. I'm gonna be ordering an FB during this special but I was wondering about your hopstoppers and how they work with pellet or whole leaf hops? Also do they have bottoms or is it just the top and sides?

Also do you put "custom" lettering on the FB?

They are the same material as the false bottoms. So they work killer for whole hops. As for pellet hops they work okay but cannot stop all of them. If this is in a keggle you can do the 15" hinged and a hop halter if you want to stop all the pellets.
I do have a service to engrave in the handle if you want. Its 19.99 on top of the handle charge. if your talking about with my easy wheel like I do the cheers on them, sure if I can fit what you want I do it at no charge. Just let me know what it is you want on your order when you checkout on the website. I do it all the time for you guys. The bigger the false bottom the better to grind stuff into.

Cheers
Jay

Well if I wasn't busy enough with moving my store***Giggle***

Thanks for all the orders you guys I am hard at work filling processing and building them....

Cheers
Jay

Well if I wasn't busy enough with moving my store***Giggle***

Thanks for all the orders you guys I am hard at work filling processing and building them....

Cheers
Jay

Just out of curiousity, how long do you expect shipping/processing to take?

every order that is placed in the last few days will leave the store tomorrow.
Remember I build these custom for you guys. so that does take a few days.
Cheers
Jay

I completely understand. Wasn't trying to rush you, just looking for an idea since its the last part I need for my rig build.

I was completely intent on ordering from you, JayBird, but you never responded to my PM. :confused:
Sorry about that...Never saw the PM come in. Must have missed it.

Ordered my FB on Saturday and was surprised and thrilled to find free shipping. Kudos to a great vendor!
Your order is on the way...
Cheers
Jay

Hey jaybird. Which is the most badass, biggest, and best FB that you would recommend for a bottom drain keggle mlt? Placing my order this weekend

Hey jaybird. Which is the most badass, biggest, and best FB that you would recommend for a bottom drain keggle mlt? Placing my order this weekend

15" with hinge and handle. For $92.97 shipped to your door.....
Free shipping till Feb 29th on all orders over $89.99 :D
Cheers
Jay

Just ordered up a 15" w/ handle and hinge!

Thanks for the free shipping Jay!
Ohhh You bet! Thanks for the order!

What would be the best option for a boil kettle and pellet hops?
Well it really depends on how much pellet hops you need to break out of the boil. A 15" hinged false bottom alone in a boil kettle will stop a LOT of pellet hops! But not all. Add an oz of whole hops and you can stop even more. If you need 100% or close a 15" hinged false bottom and the hop halter will take care of about 97% or so.
Cheers
Jay

Hey Jaybird,

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent product. I recieved mine last week and was very impressed. I concidered machining them myself, but for the cost of materials and having the hinges welded...it wasn't worth it in my opinion. Yours seem very sturdy. I haven't tried them out yet to see how my efficiency will be, but they appear to be top notch.

I wish I would have put out the extra money to have you cut holes though... cutting them with a dremel (since they were already hinged) was a bit tricky.

Hey Jaybird,

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent product. I recieved mine last week and was very impressed. I concidered machining them myself, but for the cost of materials and having the hinges welded...it wasn't worth it in my opinion. Yours seem very sturdy. I haven't tried them out yet to see how my efficiency will be, but they appear to be top notch.

I wish I would have put out the extra money to have you cut holes though... cutting them with a dremel (since they were already hinged) was a bit tricky.

Your very welcome! Thanks for the order! A step bit works well for drilling holes in these...
Cheers
Jay

Your very welcome! Thanks for the order! A step bit works well for drilling holes in these...
Cheers
Jay

Well, I didn't know how it would cut on my drill press since it was hinged, and I didn't know how well my bit would center with all the different holes... oh well. The dremel did the trick.

Quick question, how much does a 15" hinged FB with hinge and pickup tube at to the volume in a keggle brew kettle? Wondering if it will throw off my sight gauge readings?

Quick question, how much does a 15" hinged FB with hinge and pickup tube at to the volume in a keggle brew kettle? Wondering if it will throw off my sight gauge readings?

I really doubt it... I mean you are adding stuff to the kettle but if any maybe 1/8 Qt of actual volume...

Cheers
Jay

Just want to toss this out there. We are winding down on the Leep Year sale. Its been a huge success and I look forward the next one.... Thanks soooooo much for all the orders. It has been a whirlwind month! We moved the store into an 8300sf building, and are very excited about the future of our little company, and have you all to thank!
Please check it out on Facebook if you play that game.
Cheers
Jay

I just ordered a false bottom with the handle for my new 10 gallon cooler mash tun. I also picked up a mash paddle.

Thanks for the free shipping! So happy to hear that business is booming for you!

Erik

I meant to circle back on this one. Ordered a 13" false bottom and dip tube for a welded keg mash tun I found on craigslist. I tried it out last Sunday with a 10-gallon back of Edwort's Haus Pale and it worked great! 80% efficiency, up from my typical 70-75% with my cooler tun with cPVC manifold.

Thanks, Jay, for your troubleshooting help, and of course, your awesome product!

I just ordered a false bottom with the handle for my new 10 gallon cooler mash tun. I also picked up a mash paddle.

Thanks for the free shipping! So happy to hear that business is booming for you!

Erik
Thanks for the order Erik.
We will get this out the door and on its way.
Cheers
Jay

I meant to circle back on this one. Ordered a 13" false bottom and dip tube for a welded keg mash tun I found on craigslist. I tried it out last Sunday with a 10-gallon back of Edwort's Haus Pale and it worked great! 80% efficiency, up from my typical 70-75% with my cooler tun with cPVC manifold.

Thanks, Jay, for your troubleshooting help, and of course, your awesome product!
Ohh you bet! Its been a pleasure working with you to get everything set up and working.
Happy brewing!
Cheers
Jay

Erik

oh, nice. His mash paddle has been out of stock for awhile. Do you have any pictures of it, Jay? Your site's photos aren't the best.

My order got screwed up. I paid for but didn't get a dip tube, hinge or silicon tubing. I can deal with shipping being later than quoted but I'm incensed at the fact that I didn't get what I paid for. I tried emailing yesterday to check on my delivery but haven't hear anything from email or pm.

I think where the mix up came from is the PM's here on HBT we were talking about a cooler kit and thats what you gave me measurements and instructions for, then you ordered a keg conversion kit and left me cooler measurement notes when you placed the order, honestly I just thought you hit the wrong kit when you ordered. I have to take full responsibility for your order as I read the notes and was sending you what we talked about here.
I will get you a keg conversion kit in the mail tomorrow morning if that is really what you need and send it out 2-3 day priority.
Very sorry for the mix up.
Jay

Back