The Brutus Lite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmfa200

Reaction score
Went outside of the box, and did mine in Aluminum.
Of course I'm not done, and needs lots of clean up, but though I'd give you guys a peek.
Frame is 2" .125" wall 6061.
The cross members are 1" x 3" .125" wall.
The top is 6061 1/4" diamond plate.

I wanted to show more of the welds but my wife's camera is a POS, and all but the ones posted came out blurry.

I'm planning on decking the bottom in diamond plate also to create another shelf.
This will be for a HERMS system. Got any other advice for add-ons?

This may sound stupid, but how do you insert text between photos?

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

Wow, great welds! Looks like you've done this before...:mug:

To insert text, just type between the links.

Those are some beautiful welds, I have never made any aluminum welds that look close to that . Not even when using mig/pulse. Again, well done!

Nice Job. It's gonna be pretty easy to move that around. You could probably pick it up, put it in the truck, and go brew wherever you want, like my house.:mug:

Thanks on the compliments.
The welds were made with my killer brand spankin' new Dynasty 700.

Sorry, but I have edited the rest of this post. Didn't like how I came off as a pretentious.

Thanks on the compliments.
The welds were made with my killer brand spankin' new Dynasty 700.

My boss asked me how I liked the new welder.

I told him the welder was so good it makes me look like I'm a better welder than I actually am.
The welder really is that good.

For $16,000 retail that unit (Dynasty 700) should be able to pour you a pint and wipe you backside. It is truly amazing the capabilities of today's power sources and how packed into such a compact packages.

Very nice! I bet the weight is much less than a steel or wood stand. They really do get heavy.

Went outside of the box, and did mine in Aluminum.
Of course I'm not done, and needs lots of clean up, but though I'd give you guys a peek.
Frame is 2" .125" wall 6061.
The cross members are 1" x 3" .125" wall.
The top is 6061 1/4" diamond plate.

I wanted to show more of the welds but my wife's camera is a POS, and all but the ones posted came out blurry.

I'm planning on decking the bottom in diamond plate also to create another shelf.
This will be for a HERMS system. Got any other advice for add-ons?

This may sound stupid, but how do you insert text between photos?

Looking great! What is that dial on the outlet box attached to the keggle? Infinite switch?

Thats a great looking stand, you've gotta post some pics from the first brew-day with it.

I sure will.
I'm getting closer to finishing everything.
Can't wait!

Very nice! I bet the weight is much less than a steel or wood stand. They really do get heavy.

Extremely light.
I can lift it it off the ground with one arm without much effort. It's gonna get heavier, but probably not much more though.
I could do the math and calculate the exact weight. Maybe I'll do that.

Looking great! What is that dial on the outlet box attached to the keggle? Infinite switch?

Yes that's an inifinte switch.
This is my BK for now, but like I said, I will be converting to a HERMS system.

Not to sound crass or anything, but looking at those welds just made me make a mess in my pants.

REALLY NICE! Great job! Back in the day (high school, not to sound all Al Bundy-ish) when I was welding everyday, I did really well...no where near what you are showing, but had I stayed with it...maaaaaybe :)

The Dynasty 700 is just a tool...I am sure that you are really that good.

Mighty fine work! You know with your talent, you could grind it down and it would look like it was billet. Just sayin"

Latest posts

Back