Glycol system with pump...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
I am looking at running a 25' trunk line from my keezer to the tower on my bar - 5/16" glycol lines - can anyone help me in terms of what size pump I need to get through the 50' of 5/16"?

I saw one pond pump that does 70gal/hr with 1ft lift or 130gal/hr with 1-4ft lift - would either of these work or do I need one more/less powerful??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the vertical elevation change from pump location to top of tubing loop?. With an open system you will need a pump that has at least 25% more head pressure capability than maximum elevation change.

My plan was originally to come out of the collar on my keezer and drop the line to the floor which would mean it would need to come back up the full height of the bar/tower once the line got to the bar (approx 4.5') - if i ran the line at the height of the collar it would only need to go up about 1.5'.

So i need to find a pump with a lift of 5.5-6' if running the trunk line along the ground correct? Do i need to be concerned about the gph flow?

The GPH flow is not that big a factor, slow flow will get the job done as long as there is insulation over the lines. The main goal is to pickup heat from the insulation and dump it in the keezer, the one thing that is working against you is the motor heat from the pump. I hope the pump and storage are in the coldest part of the keezer.

Latest posts

Back