MD Summer Brewday - Aug 15th 2009- Signup Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, since the old thread got cluttered with group logo crap and such, here's the official thread for signup and directions.

Please bring the following if you have them (in order of priority):
10g+ brew kettles
propane tanks
burners

MD Brewday - Sat Aug 15th 9:00am - Joppa MD (pm jezter6 for address).

Jezter6 + Cugel: 10g ESB in jezter's kettle
Claphamsa + RyanPA: 10g Flanders Red in Ryan's keggle
Clap + Friend: Wee Heavy in Claps's Keggle
Wscoot: Unsure

I'll do my best to update the main post here with who's brewing what.

I'm interested in coming and checking this out as I just started in homebrewing 0and I'm sure spending some time with seasoned vets would teach me more than a thing or two about real brewing technique.

I live in Laurel, MD (just off i95 about half way between DC and Baltimore) and rock the car-free thing. Is anyone who is attending passing through this way who might be willing to give me a ride? I'm not a sex-pervert or serial killer or anything like that and I'm happy to chip in cash for gas, buy you some of your favorite beer, or find some other way to repay your kindness. If you might be able to give me a lift you can post here, PM me, or email me @ Ryan at thecooperproject dot com.

Bottoms up,
HandsomeRyan

For the flanders, we are using my keggle.

***Ah, crap Stefin was faster on the post. What he said.***

I'll also be there. Whether I brew or not will probably be a last minute decision. I'll be bringing my keggle, propane tank & bayou burner.

If anyone has a batch that they want to split let me know - a co-worker is interesting in attending, but like me is an extract brewer and doesn't have the equipment for all grain batches.

Thanks!

So, like a dummy, I though this was this weekend. I am still game next weekend, but I was all amped up to brew this weekend... I may have to do a batch on my own to scratch the itch.

I'll be there, but not brewing. I probably won't be there until noon. But I'll come and drink all your beer instead. Oh and I'll bring some too.

Alan, Stefin, we need to talk. I WILL have new equipment by the group brew. The very large, and very much sought after type of equipment.

Lets get the group chat thing going.

Alan, Stefin, we need to talk. I WILL have new equipment by the group brew. The very large, and very much sought after type of equipment.

Lets get the group chat thing going.

Was it ever decided what is going into it?

Oaked IPA?????? If no I have 100% in for that. I have been wanting to do that for a while now.

Hell, if there is still room I will probably be in no matter what.

MD Brewday - Sat Aug 15th 9:00am - Joppa MD (pm jezter6 for address).

Jezter6 + Cugel: 10g ESB in jezter's kettle
Claphamsa + RyanPA: 10g Flanders Red in Ryan's keggle
Clap + Friend: Wee Heavy in Claps's Keggle
Wscoot: Unsure

Is that it? No-one else brewing? Kind of a sad brewday. :(

I will be there but not sure if I am brewing or not. I might just hang out, drink, and hassel everyone that is brewing.

Well, there were a ****ton of people who indicated they were coming in the old thread, but when I posted the new signups - nobody showed up.

I've heard from a few people that they're trying to make it, but I have no idea if they're going to brew or what they're brewing.

On one hand, it's easier doing it this way where everyone brings their own brewstuffs and does what they want, as I don't have to keep track of making 40 gallons of something. However it's also a pain in the arse, as you just don't know who's bringing what or brewing what, so it'll be a big ol' crap shoot.

we'll have to discuss on Saturday if we want to continue the BrewYourOwn style we've been doing lately or if we want to go back to a big brew.

Of course, the point of the big brew was to see what different yeasts and ferment temps changed each beer and bring them back to the next brewday, but y'all drink too fast and there's never any left to bring.

I still got a Marzen in my fridge from March that aint going into the keezer until late Oct or early Nov.

Hey - could someone please bring a sample of the Weizenbock brewed 2 brewdays ago IIRC. I was very enthused about that brewday... but had to bail at the last moment.

Thanks!

Hey - could someone please bring a sample of the Weizenbock brewed 2 brewdays ago IIRC. I was very enthused about that brewday... but had to bail at the last moment.

Thanks!

That's the keg we're trying to kill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine ended up sorta like a DunkelWeizen instead, but it's still good.

Sound like a challenge to me. We might have to lay off the fermented honey beverages a little though.

Back