Building a SS tower or locating a cheap one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a kegerator fridge, but the tower really sucks and the faucet too. It will fit 3 cornies so I want to upgrade to a 3 draft tower anyways, but I was just just go for the perlick faucets right off the bat.

It seems like all the towers I am finding come with faucets, but I don't need them. Is there somewhere to get a 3 draft tower with perlick faucets

OR

Has anyone found a 3-4 inch shiny SS tube and converted it into a tower?

I figure there has got to be a place I can go to get the pipe, but then connecting it to the top of the fridge would be a challenge.

I'd guess it would be hard to find SS tube that would be useful for cheap. Some have made towers out of PVC pipe and they looked ok, but not chromed. I'd be willing to bet that your better off looking for a deal on a tower already set up than trying to build.

You already have faucets? Maybe recoup some of the money you spent on the tower and sell your existing faucets (or swap with the ones on the tower, and sell those).

I found a great 4 faucet tower on eBay, with the brass drip tray for $125. (For pics, check out my gallery, I can't manage to insert a picture into my posts.) But if I had it to do over again, I would probably use the old tower that came with my kegerator and build an Irish Coffin Box on top of the tower. I've seen several on here that look great.
Beers,
Ken

Trying it again, this time after actually READING the damn directions.

th_DSCF0398.jpg

Talking with a friend he suggested aluminum exhaust pipe and buffing it to a high shine then using clear powder coat to protect and give even more shine.... just a thought right now I'm in the process of building a PVC 4 tap tower pictures coming soon. I can fit 4 cornies (2 with handles removed) and a 5lb CO2 tank in my old school kenmore kegerator.

Talking with a friend he suggested aluminum exhaust pipe and buffing it to a high shine then using clear powder coat to protect and give even more shine.... just a thought right now I'm in the process of building a PVC 4 tap tower pictures coming soon. I can fit 4 cornies (2 with handles removed) and a 5lb CO2 tank in my old school kenmore kegerator.

Yeah, I was thinking anything that could be insulated on the inside, that seems like it would work just fine.

A C U Homepage

for

3drftarm.jpg

SS 3" 12" tall 3 spots for faucets $62 shipped to my door :ban:

I just ordered the 14" SS model. It was $66 + tax + shipping, I think it will be low $70s. These people were really nice, I emailed back and forth for a while, but this is a great option for anyone looking for metal fabrication for things such as draft arms or drip trays.

Just got the tower today, it looks very nice and nice insulation too. The taps and shanks are on the way. All I need is some 3/16" line and some small hose clamps :)

Back