What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Get your carboy funnel and a blow off tube - it's time to beer bong Samichlaus!

I threw up in my mouth a little after I typed that. It's been 10 yrs at least since I tried one of those. That and year old Hefe is why I though German beer was awful for so long.

Haha! That would almost be as bad as Sam Adams Triple Bock in a beer bong.

Beat me to it, I was looking it up for ya. That's pretty sweet that it's not open, collector's gem. :mug:

I see that stuff by the case on CL here all the time. I'd be happy to get you a complete set of all 6(?) colors if you want to trade for some Surly :cross:

KeyWestBrewing said:
Mix it with lime juice and it tastes like Key Lime Pie.

I haven't tried that yet. That's a great idea!
Key Lime Pie is my favorite pie.

Mmmmmm!

20121228_233022.jpg

Time really does make the heart grow fonder. After a week and a half away from home visiting family for the holidays I am making more progress on polishing off my batch of KRA.

20121216_143031.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
My apple Brown Betty ale. After three months in the bottle this isn't getting better. An experiment I won't repeat (but it's not so bad that I'll dump it either)

I hope not, after makin those purty labels and all..

Schlafly Oatmeal Stout. Im a big fan of this, as of now.I like the character this british-style stout has. Drinks like an imperial stout yet not one. More of a sweet stout.

TNGabe said:
Looks pretty cold. More flavor if it warms up some.

I pour my stouts and let them sit for a while before I drink them. It has plenty of flavor, just isn't what I envisioned.

*edit
I envisioned a chocolate Narwhal or Rasputin. I was clearly setting the bar too high

Tonight I am enjoying some Magic Hat #9 which pairs beautifully with Hawaiian pizza. Later I'm going to get into some Muskoka Mad Tom Ipa.I am just getting into craft brews and homebrewing; so far I'm really enjoying it.

Lawson's Kiwi IPA.

On the docket... FSW Parabola, Porter, Ddba, rye black ipa, GDB yeti and oak aged yeti. Not sure ill get to them all. ;)

Samuel Adams trippel ... not great New Belgium way way better imo

Anybody ever bottle carb in these bottles or have any idea whether they would work? Almost bought one of these this week but couldn't decide if they would be OK.

I'm having a Samuel Smith's Imperial stout right now. It's pretty good, but I'm thinking I want a Narhwal (SN) next, followed by some Young's Double Chocolate stout. You guys have a happy New Year, and be safe out there if you're driving. Waaaaay too many idiots out there....

Back