I am an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turtle blindness is a serious condition that affects tens of people in the US every year. Instead of joking about it maybe you should take it more serious. A little kindness and understanding goes a long way for those who have to suffer in silence from this horrible condition, too embarrassed to speak up and let others know what they're going through. Imagine having to lie to your child when they ask you if their pet turtle is cute, but you can't see it to know. They hand it to you, but all you see is an empty hand. Or when they lose said turtle and you are of no help finding it until you here a crunch under your feet and because you're turtleblind you can't hurry and scoop up the smashed carcass before your child comes in to see it. Or you stand there like an idiot at an aquarium wondering what everyone is oohing and aahing about for an hour, and only later do you realize its the sea turtle exhibit. No joking matter at all is it?

My grandfather was turtle blind and it was really hard for the family to put with his condition, as you may know turtle blindness is hereditary so this is a big concern for me. So far I haven´t develop turtle blindness but i do have a turtle colorblind is hard for me to understand the color of the turle I can´t see green or red colors on it, plus i have some kind of turtle cataracts, for me turtles are becoming cloudy, sometimes I find myself putting rocks instead of turtles in my secondary because I´m not able to tell them apart. Of course I have a strong will and my condition it´s not going to impel me from brewing with turtles, thanks to this thread I´ve learn that if you put pepper on a turtle the turtle will sneeze and rocks do not.

My grandfather was turtle blind and it was really hard for the family to put with his condition, as you may know turtle blindness is hereditary so this is a big concern for me. So far I haven´t develop turtle blindness but i do have a turtle colorblind is hard for me to understand the color of the turle I can´t see green or red colors on it, plus i have some kind of turtle cataracts, for me turtles are becoming cloudy, sometimes I find myself putting rocks instead of turtles in my secondary because I´m not able to tell them apart. Of course I have a strong will and my condition it´s not going to impel me from brewing with turtles, thanks to this thread I´ve learn that if you put pepper on a turtle the turtle will sneeze and rocks do not.

It is easy to identify that "WonderPets" turtle from the picture, because evidently it sings and saves other animals......which then might also be thrown in the pot.

These particular wonderpets are not concerned with saving other animals. Through methods I care not to reveal, I have reprogrammed them to save batches of beer that may be in trouble.

BTW, I feel just awful about the T-B thing. It was insensitive of me and I regret any hurt feelings it may have caused. I was raised in an area of the country where T-B still isn't taken seriously. The anti T-B bullying act of 87 did a lot to educate the public. You have to understand that I was raised this way, so it's sort of automatic. I don't really have anything against T-B, but every once in a while I make some comment without stoppimg to think that it may be offensive to someone...and more to the point, just plain wrong.
I hope to break the chain though. I think attitudes are changing for the better, and my children have not been indoctrinated in the ways that my generation was.

All this talk about Turtle Blindness; what about Crocodile Tears? It is a serious drinking disorder where the sufferer deposits tears in their beers. Not a pretty sight at all. And when the person also has Hop Head? Oh the humanity!!!

image-3694087342.jpg

I hope that lamp will get him up to 152 to convert some of those sugars. If not I may have to add a little bit of this:

image-4021526274.jpg

WesleyS said:
I hope that lamp will get him up to 152 to convert some of those sugars....

Sir. Aren't you aware that you post could be deemed off topic and relegated to the DYI or electric brewing forum?
The process is interesting and could prove helpful in true organic brewing.

Rondacker said:
Sir. Aren't you aware that you post could be deemed off topic and relegated to the DYI or electric brewing forum?
The process is interesting and could prove helpful in true organic brewing.

I was concerned about being OT, but I took the risk anyways. BTW, I'm sorry to those of you suffering from T-B and couldn't see what was in the first picture.

I was concerned about being OT, but I took the risk anyways. BTW, I'm sorry to those of you suffering from T-B and couldn't see what was in the first picture.

No problem with the turtle but what was in the second picture?
All I see is a fence with a big rock behind it?
Can you use big rocks when your turtle doesn't get hot enough?

WesleyS said:
I hope that lamp will get him up to 152 to convert some of those sugars. If not I may have to add a little bit of this:

"All right now turtle, where were you on the night of the 27th? Cooperate, our we'll have to break out the rubber hose. Or the fishnet hose, your choice."

menerdari said:
No problem with the turtle but what was in the second picture?
All I see is a fence with a big rock behind it?
Can you use big rocks when your turtle doesn't get hot enough?

Oh I'm sorry. I should've realized there might be some Bobcat Blindness sufferers on here. Just drink as much beer as possible in a five minute period, light a turtle on fire, and dance in the moonlight, and you should be able to see the full picture. If not, repeat as many times as necessary. If you start to see Richard Simmons then you've gone too far. Way, way too far.

I feel a bit robbed. where were you all during my such important posts.

on my damn phone so I can't quite link it but please search my 1 mythical beast thread.

I never realized they were so much nonsensical talents here. where were you guys?

Mythical nonsensical? What are you trying to say? This is a serious idiotic thread!!!!! I'm hurt. :(

on my damn phone so I can't quite link it but please search my 1 mythical beast thread.

I never realized they were so much nonsensical talents here. where were you guys?

Are you feeling jilted? left behind and ignored?
Become an idiot like me, you will find yourself dancing around a turtle fire in no time and trying to avoid Richard Simmons who may want to dance as well.

menerdari said:
Are you feeling jilted? left behind and ignored?
Become an idiot like me, you will find yourself dancing around a turtle fire in no time and trying to avoid Richard Simmons who may want to dance as well.

Oh, he'll want to dance. Believe me.....he will want to dance.

Getting drunk, of course. My domovoi wine had just matured. You can tell because they get all lumpy in the front and stop giggling...

Perfect . I just finished my new chain mail shirt. I made it from pop can tabs and I have a new can mace. Hopefully it won't go off in my pants pocket this time. That still smarts.

I remember having a friend over at the house when I was about 12, and telling my father "we are going to go into the garage and make some weapons." Only thing dad said was avoid the radial arm saw.

I've been been thinking about making a war hammer out of one of those ridiculously large claw hammers....

Leadgolem said:
I've been been thinking about making a war hammer out of one of those ridiculously large claw hammers....

that would be bad ass, the only problem being, you want these creatures more less intact once you bag them.

that would be bad ass, the only problem being, you want these creatures more less intact once you bag them.

We could pre-cook them with a little electricity. You know, run a cable from the clock tower down to the special trip wire for porkers. :rockin:

Back