My swmbo cares.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slomo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was on the toilet taking a duece while reflecting on todays events, and realized that swmbo cares about my brewing. We had some friends over today for some BBQ and brewing. I had just got done chilling the wort and was getting the yeast when I over heard swmbo say that she wished that I would brew more. At the time that I heard this I was too busy adding the yeast to my IIPA, and didnt pay much attention to it. However, shes got my full attention now, the sky is the limit!:ban:

You wasted an opportunity. She was obviously drunk. Today....she will be sober and forget the whole thing. You have to strike while the iron is hot my friend!! LMAO

You wasted an opportunity. She was obviously drunk. Today....she will be sober and forget the whole thing. You have to strike while the iron is hot my friend!! LMAO

When I woke this morning I had the same terrifying thought. So I rolled over, gently woke swmbo, and asked her if she thought that I needed to brew more. She said yes, and I told her that I would get several batches going right away.:rockin:

I'm gonna jump in on this one for a sec. If she giving you the go ahead to brew more is a good thing, how many wives and significant others are there that have issues with you brewing?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but my swmbo is the one who gave me my first kit for my birthday. She does the websites and created all the labels, when I bottle. Plus she is 100% support of the bar and EHERMS I'm preparing to build in the basement.

Is this unusual, lol? How many SWMBOs out here are very much for or against?

EDIT: Oh and btw, my wife hates beer and won't go near it, lol.

Hawk: I'm thinking (just from what I've read, which certainly isn't every thread here) that the general SWMBO is either supportive or apathetic. It's way more common for folks to brag about how awesome they or their respective other half is for x or y reason. The occasional 'Swmbo sux' thread is normally due to some aspect of the relationship that has nothing to do with brewing.

Not that I can recall the specifics of any of these threads, so don't ask for proof. :)

Back to the op: has anyone out there figured out why all the best ideas/realizations happen in the bathroom? Srsly, I'm starting to think they need to design think tanks to look just like bathrooms. So many more ideas would happen!

I'm gonna jump in on this one for a sec. If she giving you the go ahead to brew more is a good thing, how many wives and significant others are there that have issues with you brewing?

Maybe I'm spoiled, but my swmbo is the one who gave me my first kit for my birthday. She does the websites and created all the labels, when I bottle. Plus she is 100% support of the bar and EHERMS I'm preparing to build in the basement.

Mine supports the hobby. But, I understand that some others don't. But, women are women. Who the hell knows what they are thinking at any given time.

Mine is supportive, so long as I don't drain the bank account on brewing gear. The problem is: she doesn't drink beer. But as long as I keep the cider coming, too, she's ok!

Mine is supportive for sure. Very tolerant, especially considering we have a small house and I tend to occupy both the bathroom and the kitchen for hours on brewdays. She is pretty picky about beer, but I try to make her at least one batch a year that's just hers. I love my wife dearly!

GF - Can't make a batch without her - or I'm in trouble. She drinks what we brew, except some of the ambers and browns we keep on hand for friends. She loves a good smoked porter.

My wife doesn't really get into brewing but she helps when I ask and she actually likes to bottle.

We brewed our first batch on her birthday. I took over quite a bit of her house with homebrewing before I moved in (before we were married, of course). Now it has taken over a portion of the kitchen, dining room, an entire closet, half of a bathroom, some of the garage, part of a bedroom and sometimes part of the living room. She only complains when I make a mess in the kitchen while brewing and don't clean it up. I'm still trying to get burnt wort off the stove top.

GF - Can't make a batch without her - or I'm in trouble. She drinks what we brew, except some of the ambers and browns we keep on hand for friends. She loves a good smoked porter.

"Smoked porter" - My wife's favorite also (and family's too). She helped formulate a recipe for a batch while she was pregnant so it'd be ready when she could drink again.

Just made another batch yesterday and threw in some oatmeal. She helped out a little during brew day.

My swmbo is very supportive of the hobby, she bought me my first kit. She also hates beer, but loves to bottle. The reason why its a celebration is because sometimes swmbos be crazy, and you never know how far that support will go. I thought that I was well past the point of being supported by her, only to find that there is a whole bunch of room remaining.:D

Back