Quaker Flavored Oatmeal Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone thought or tried this? I was opening a new box of mixed packs of Quaker Oatmeal and the thought passed quickly through my mind.

The packs average about 49 grams each. The flavors are
Maple and Brown Sugar
whole grain rolled oat, sugar, salt, calcium carbonate, guar gum, oat flower
caramel color
Apples and Cinnamon
whole grain rolled oats, sugar, dehydrated apples (treated w/sodium sulfite)
cinnamon, salt calcium carbonate, oat flour, citric acid, guar gum
Cinnamon and Spice
Cinnamon and Spice
Whole grain rolled oats, sugar, salt, cinnamon, calcium carbonate, guar gum,
oat flower, caramel color

Cool idea, but I would assemble the ingredients freshly - grate your own cinnamon, spices, and use fresh apples/fruits and use the good quality oatmeal.

I wouldnt trust some prepackaged product - the flavors wouldnt be as pronounced.

It would probably be okay to use, but you are paying for a lot of packaging, sugar and salt. You dont really want the guar gum, sugar, salt or preservatives so I agree with KE, I'd make your own with similar ingredients if you wanted those flavors.

Thanks all, it was just a passing thought. Would be expensive too. Guess I'll stick to buying my grains at the LHBS :)

It's a cool idea, I might run with it. I would try this perhaps in an Irish red with apples and cinnamon oatmeal and see what would come of it.

I'll see if I can get some Quaker products here, taste them and come up with a match using some better ingredients. It's tempting to use the packages but you gotta remember junk in, junk out.

It's a cool idea, I might run with it. I would try this perhaps in an Irish red with apples and cinnamon oatmeal and see what would come of it.

I'll see if I can get some Quaker products here, taste them and come up with a match using some better ingredients. It's tempting to use the packages but you gotta remember junk in, junk out.

Quaker makes a good breakfast. Not junk for sure, I have one almost every morning. Maybe not for brewing, but for breakfast w/a hand full of rasins added it's hard to beat.

I have always wanted a recipe for " oatmeal Creme pie" stout. You know, little Debbie kind. Don't really want to use them in the brew, just looking for that flavor

Latest posts

Back