Is this not the most ridiculous song? Look at the lyrics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMalty

Reaction score
This freaking song is terrible. I've heard it a hundred times, but i still cannot get over how freaking stupid it is. None of it makes any sense. I just heard it on tv and became enraged. thoughts? if u love this song, please explain why. And his hair was perfect? WTF does that mean?

Werewolves of London

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
walkin through the streets of Soho in the rain.
He was lookin for the place called Lee Ho Fooks, gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein.

Chorus:
Aaahoo, werewolves of London
Aaahoo(2x)

Ya hear him howlin around your kitchen door, ya better not let him in.
Little old lady got mutilated late last night, werewolves of London again.

Chorus 2x

He's the hairy, hairy gent, who ran amok in Kent.
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair.
You better stay away from him, he'll rip your lungs out Jim.

Huh, I'd like to meet his tailor.

Chorus 2x

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walkin with the queen, doing the werewolves of London.
I saw Lon Chaney Jr. walkin with the queen, doin the werewolves of London
I saw a werewolf drinkin a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect.

ahhhooooo, werewolves of London
Draw blood

Who the hell knows how accurate any of this stuff actually is but
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1287
Seems like the song just came together organically.
Also, I love this song, I have no idea why really but I'm pretty sure that its got alot to do with the one lyric that is left out of your post....

After the "and his hair was perfect line" there is a pause and Warren says "YUP" or maybe just makes some weird noise. Dumb reason to like a song? For sure, but for some reason it does it for me.

I will say however that Kid Rock kinda ruined it for me with that song he sampled this for.

I don't love this song, but I do like it. His vocals are a little over the top for me, but I guess that is the point. I don't think the lyrics are bad at all, just surreal. Alot of Bob Dylan and Beatles best work have lyrics that are alot more obscure than this - see I am the Walrus

when i hear it, i kinda like it, but when i actually listen to it, it's so terrible, wth

I don't love this song, but I do like it. His vocals are a little over the top for me, but I guess that is the point. I don't think the lyrics are bad at all, just surreal. Alot of Bob Dylan and Beatles best work have lyrics that are alot more obscure than this - see I am the Walrus

only diff is that the beatles and dylan backed it up by having other songs that were amazing instead of just one ridiculous song that makes no sense whatsoever. i'm ranting, sorry, i don't hate the song that much, but i actually do b/c the lyrics are so freaking stupid

www.songfacts.com I really don't think there is a meaning to this song. Do songs need to have meanings? I like the song, why would the lyrics need to have some deep poetic meaning to make it a good song?

no, ur right, i'm just commenting b/c this song annoys the $hit out of me. it has no meaning and it doesn't have to, maybe i wish i wrote a song about nonsense and lived off of it for the rest of my life. hell, i could do it right now

I love this song. I don't find it necessary to find a deep or even superficial meaning in it to enjoy it. The tune is catchy and infectious, and the lyrics paint a comical picture of a beast with classy/upscale mannerisms.

I love this song. I don't find it necessary to find a deep or even superficial meaning in it to enjoy it. The tune is catchy and infectious, and the lyrics paint a comical picture of a beast with classy/upscale mannerisms.

ha...maybe ur right, like i said, i kinda like the song sometimes. but sometimes it just catches me the wrong way and it's like why the hell do they play this retarded song so much??? And i could just not listen to it, like a poster suggested, but when it's in a show i'm watching, i kinda have no choice. And no chance the song actually goes along with the plot of the show, so the director has no excuse except that he wants to piss me off. .........."ahhhh ooooooo, i'd like to meet his tailor." oh so we can just throw random nonsense together with the guise of it being something cohesive? sure. ok then. in the spirit of the song......heeeeeeeeyyyy jibbbbbbidy, i saw a swordfish at starbucks ordering a venti mocha and his legs looked awesome..........hows that. i'll write the whole thing for you guys and you can sing your children to sleep with it. ........i sound so Salty right now, not my intention, i must have gotten riled up about something today

Well, I love that song. When the zombies attack you're going to want to have a werewolf on your side, trust me.

Warren was a great songwriter and well respected by many others. Kid Rock acknowledged as much when he wrote his own tune using two of his favorite songs together.

Read up on Warren's life and songs. He may not always write songs that make perfect sense, but not everyone does. I'd even go so far as to say that quite often people write songs that are perfectly understandable and they STILL SUCK BAWLS.

So I don't know why you single this tune out for it's crappiness. Turn on the radio and listen to the garbage that is played today. Most of it is whiny crap or equally unintelligible.

No my friend, THIS is the stupidest song ever, as if it has not been overexposed enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, may I submit this song into the running....

Werewolves of London is a terrific song (although I've heard it more than enough). It's funny....the idea that werewolves would be seen as fashionably hip. It pokes fun at our infatuation with celebrity and fashion.

I think rock does this sort of thing much better than it does deep political messages.

Werewolves of London is a terrific song (although I've heard it more than enough). It's funny....the idea that werewolves would be seen as fashionably hip. It pokes fun at our infatuation with celebrity and fashion.

Given the current Twilight fad, it seems almost portentous.

Plus I can't play pool without humming it.

I got to say -1 on the Riskay song, that song makes me laugh like no other.

I like the Werewolves Of London - I think the worst song ever written (yet oddly better than anything I have ever wrote) is this...

why is every one hattin on the op's... um... hattin. its in the drunk mumbling section.
while i don't think i've ever heard this song, im gonna hate it with you OP, because i am drunk to. is this a dumb reason to hate a song? i hope so. also about the smell your dick song. i never heard it either, but i think i like it just because of the title.

cheers everybody!

you ain't seen nothin' 'till you're down on a muffin. Aerosmith, my fav lyric of all time.

Now here is a great song...works even better if you were looking for a reason to have a homebrew tonight!

why is every one hattin on the op's... um... hattin. its in the drunk mumbling section.
while i don't think i've ever heard this song, im gonna hate it with you OP, because i am drunk to. is this a dumb reason to hate a song? i hope so. also about the smell your dick song. i never heard it either, but i think i like it just because of the title.

cheers everybody!

thank you rycov for appreciating my drunken ramble. now that i'm sober.....for a minute or too....i kinda miss the song. one thing tho....who the F is "Jim"?

The dead milkmen Stuart
You know what Stuart? I like you. You're not like the other people here
in the trailer park. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good
Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and
Mindy on channel 57. Maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're
good fine people, Stuart. But they don't know what the queers are doing
to the soil.

You know that Johnny Werzner kid - the kid who delivers papers in the
neighborhood? He's a fine kid. Some of the neighbors say he smokes
crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his 10th birthday, all he
wanted was a burrow owl, just like his old man. "Dad, get me a burrow
owl. I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live". So the guy
breaks down and buys him a burrow owl. Anyway at 10:30 the other night I
go out into my yard and there's the Werzner kid looking up in the tree. I
said, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow
owl." I say, "Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick! Everybody knows that a
burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground! Why the hell do you think they
call it a burrow owl, anyway?!" Now Stuart, do you think a kid like that
is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this, about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy
Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year?
Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer. The man said "Keep
your head and arms inside the mixer at all times." But Bill Jr., he was a
daredevil, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying, "Hey
everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! He was decapitated. They found
his head over by the snowcone concession. A few days after that, I open
up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there, from Pueblo, Colorado. And
it's addressed to Bill Jr. And it's entitled, "Do you know what the
queers are doing to our soil?"

Now Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. city with a big
underground homosexual population - Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example.
Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart. You can't build on it, you
can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming.
But I know what's really going on, Stuart. I know it's the queers.
They're in it with the aliens. They're building landing strips for gay
Martians. I swear to God.

You know what Stuart, I like you. You're not like the other people, here
in the trailer park.

thank you rycov for appreciating my drunken ramble. now that i'm sober.....for a minute or too....i kinda miss the song. one thing tho....who the F is "Jim"?

you askin me? i don't know. did i say jim? could have. i was drinking then

you askin me? i don't know. did i say jim? could have. i was drinking then

lol.....no...in the song, he says "stay away from him. he'll rip your lungs out, Jim."

......just one of the many things i don't understand about the song

Duuuuuuuude. I always thought they were saying "where was the thunder".

My life will never be the same.

Latest posts

Back