hop identification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there are slight differences. Check for some good HD pictures of the foliage.

Some say the leaves are different, some say no. Some say the cones look different, some say no. Personally, I gave up trying to identify the mystery rhizome someone gave me 2 years ago. Once you get familiar with the taste of your hop, it really doesn't matter what actual variety is anyway.

If you are unsure, I recommend making a SMaSH with a either 2-row or pilsner and a ton of your hops added fresh, and at the end of the boil. That will give you a good idea of what kind of hops they are and how well they grew under your conditions.

lol....ive actually done this....option#1 wait for cones and smell em / take a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess) option#2 possibly contact the sorce of ur rhizomes and ask

i was able to tell the fuggles from the cenntenial with the suppliers help....next time sharpie marker is ur friend

3 leaf shape vs 5 leaf shape ect

Latest posts

Back