What beer to bring home from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgwild81

Reaction score
Headed to Chicago in a few days and wondering if anyone could recommend some good beer to bring home? I can get just about anything Goose Island and everything Finch's here locally. I would love to get so recommendations on what to try. Thanks in advance!

Pipeworks, Revolution, and Half Acre is the standard answer. Look into Two Brothers as well, they usually have some good beers. 18th Street and Spiteful are decent, but I would look at the others first. If you're into lagers at all Metropolitan is wonderful.

mlakota said:
Pipeworks, Revolution, and Half Acre is the standard answer. Look into Two Brothers as well, they usually have some good beers. 18th Street and Spiteful are decent, but I would look at the others first. If you're into lagers at all Metropolitan is wonderful.

Thanks! I've had a couple of Two Brothers, they were good. I haven't heard of the others. I'll be sure to give them a look. Any specific beers to check out from these breweries? I like all styles.

Solemn oath for some Belgium style ale in Naperville is great. They only sell growlers which are five dollars cheaper on Sunday's. Some local bars do have their beer on tap but you gotta look. Pipeworks rocks. The citra ninja, centennial ninja, ninja vs. unicorn, (all ipa's) and Glaucus (belgian ipa) were all fabulous. Revolution mean gene is a bourbon barrel aged porter. Its not goose island but it was dang good. If you are lucky enough to get to revolution brewer and they have kemp's landing, that would be a good choice too. Unfortunately that is not available anywhere but the brewery. Oh, and the easiest beer to find from revolution, and one of my personal favorites is anti hero. Comes in a can and it is a great ipa while their double fist is a good iipa (bombers only on double fist). Of course some of our liquor stores carry Three Floyd's but you gotta look I know you are looking for Chicago beers but they are real close. I am familiar with lots of stores to the west of Chicago in the suburbs which carry it.. I am not a huge two brothers fan so my only recommendation would be to try something else. Pipeworks is one of the fastest growing brewers out here right now. I am going to tennessee and I am looking for beers to try there which would be regional. Any suggestions would help.. If u need more info I will check back or you can pm me. Chicago is a rapidly growing craft beer city so there are lots and lots to choose from.. I cant forget to mention Flesk brewer too. But at the very least, grab a six of anti hero for you and some of your friends (if you like ipa's of course).

Pipeworks, 18th Street, Begyle, Flesk, Spiteful. All of them bottle in 22oz and are in most Binny's liquor stores. Lake Effect just started bottling so will be hard to find. Growlers to grab include Solemn Oath, DryHop, Haymarket, Piece, Atlas, Revolution (also in cans and 22oz), Half Acre.

Pipeworks is good. Revolution is super, three floyds is localish, you can typically find them in most decent bottle shops. Agree with solomon oath. I don't know if they sell bottles but you can usually find a tap in any decent beer bar. If you like belgium style beers do your self a favor and go to haymarket, they have some excellent beers there.

Back