Cornies for under 50 bucks!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's getting to the point where you might as well just use sanke kegs. I know you can get the plastic ones brand new for about 70 bucks. I hate to say it but if this keeps up I can see people ordering 1/6 bbl sanke kegs for their kegerator and just flat out keeping the kegs and forfeiting their deposit.

Out of curiosity, what would you guys consider a fair price for corney kegs these days?

I bought a bunch of them a while back and have been thinking of reselling em.

Man I WISH I could find kegs for 35 bucks, I'd buy em up for when I get a CO2 system/keezer built.

Out of curiosity, what would you guys consider a fair price for corney kegs these days?

I bought a bunch of them a while back and have been thinking of reselling em.

I think 50 bucks is a fair price based on current "market" conditions. You aren't doing anyone any favors but you aren't screwing them either.

Pin locks were $30 not to long ago at Midwest supplies. Also thanks for supporting a local michigan business. Those guys are great and there store is one of the better, less cluttered shops.

Adventures typically has ball locks for $40. I picked up one that needed a lid and the rubber handle glued down for $10 there recently. I got a brand new lid at the same time for $15 :rockin: $25 and a little gorilla glue and I ended up with an other keg.

I got one from adventures a couple months ago. They are the cheapest I could find. And all in all I was happy with the transaction. But hollymoly was it ever crudid up with syrup. I had to unscrew the post from the keg take the poppets out and soak everything for a week in cleaner.

When there in stock these are good enough for me. They are the same dimensions without the fancy rubber top and bottom.

I bought two ball lock kegs a couple months ago for $30 each BUT... they nailed me $30 for shipping. So, that averaged out to $45 apiece which seems to be the going rate. I will say these were in excellent condition and to my surprise arrived pressurized (guess to prove they didn't leak?).

I recently won a gift certificate from adventures in a competition, anyone know how I use it? should I call them or email them? I could use more kegs.

Just got back from doing a CL deal on 4(he threw in a 5th for free-needs work) 5gal corneys for $120.

I couldn't get there fast enough.

Craigslist is still the best deals these days. I bought my 3 kegs and 20 lbs CO2 tank for $150 a few years ago.

Haven't seen those prices anywhere close lately.

Local guy sells them all day long... been listed for weeks on the Seattle craigslist for $30 a pop. Includes a spare o-ring set.
I got seven of them.

Back