My New Tap Handles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
I posted in the Classifieds section asking about tap handles, I was contacted by Frank turner.https://www.homebrewtalk.com/members/res291que

My family and I are going to be moving into and remodeling a home soon. I want my beer taps in the kitchen this time instead of in our sitting room, so I needed to replace my DIY bannister handles with something simpler and uniform.

Here are my old ones:
bZyG1.jpg

After a little back and forth regarding design he produced these walnut handles. I orderd the ferrules from AJs Tap handles and they mated well with his design. The ferrules screw onto a piece of 3/8 all thread then into the bottom of the wooden handle.

Of the original 6 ferrules I got from AJ's one of them would not thread onto my perlicks, I contacted them and they sent me two via UPS, got them today in fact, as replacements. Good customer service.

Qrz4y.jpg

XW4ti.jpg

LhIqN.jpg

jtlHJ.jpg

I am very happy with them, They feel great in the hand and have great feeling when you pull a pint. Frank even drove up from Thurmont to drop them off in Greencastle.

Cost: Frank charged me 15 per handle(but I got Free delivery:ban:) and the ferrules were about 4 dollars per.

Send him a PM or email him [email protected]

Very nice, any plans for a removable label for them?

not really, I like their simplicity and I use a chalkboard to list what's on tap, I list them 1 through 6 and assume, since out culture is a left to right reading one, that everyone will know tap 1 is the one farthest to the left and tap 6 is on the right.

I posted in the Classifieds section asking about tap handles, I was contacted by Frank turner.https://www.homebrewtalk.com/members/res291que

My family and I are going to be moving into and remodeling a home soon. I want my beer taps in the kitchen this time instead of in our sitting room, so I needed to replace my DIY bannister handles with something simpler and uniform.

Here are my old ones:
bZyG1.jpg

After a little back and forth regarding design he produced these walnut handles. I orderd the ferrules from AJs Tap handles and they mated well with his design. The ferrules screw onto a piece of 3/8 all thread then into the bottom of the wooden handle.

Of the original 6 ferrules I got from AJ's one of them would not thread onto my perlicks, I contacted them and they sent me two via UPS, got them today in fact, as replacements. Good customer service.

Qrz4y.jpg

XW4ti.jpg

LhIqN.jpg

jtlHJ.jpg

I am very happy with them, They feel great in the hand and have great feeling when you pull a pint. Frank even drove up from Thurmont to drop them off in Greencastle.

Cost: Frank charged me 15 per handle(but I got Free delivery:ban:) and the ferrules were about 4 dollars per.

Send him a PM or email him [email protected]

great handles!

Back