Magazine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonman

Reaction score
I have been thinking on subscribing to a magazine and just wondering which Beer Mag to get. What do you all like and is there and good Canadian ones? Tks

I'd go with Draft or Imbibe, focused more on commercial brewing/consumption.

I've not been too impressed with the homebrew magazines...this place is a far better resource IMO.

I have been reading Draft and All About Beer for a couple years. Draft is good for craft beer and food. AAB has some homebrewing stuff in it and it seems like a more rounded beer magazine. Draft focuses more on the craft beer industry, food and beer pairing and places to drink. I think of Draft as focusing on people who are looking to find and enjoy good beer while AAB focuses more about beer itself and beer culture. I hope that distinction makes sense.

I've started getting Zymurgy from my AHA membership. It's very varied in recipes and advice. I like it but I don't know if I would pay for it separately.

I like BYO and Zymurgy (obviously, I have an AHA membership). I've tried other beer focused mags and haven't been impressed. If you want to read more about mainstream brews, get one of the other magazines. If you want more about homebrewing, then BYO and Zymurgy would be my first two choices. I just wish they came out more often.

I stopped at a bookstore a week or so ago, and picked up 4 of the 5 beer mags they had on the shelf: Draft, BYO, Imbibe, and Beer. Decided I'm going to subscribe to at least one of them, haven't decided which one(s) yet.

BYO is an obvious choice, simply because it's focused towards the home brewer.

Draft, I've picked up a time or two before and am overall impressed with the publication.

Imbibe, I'd never seen before, and haven't looked at enough yet to decide if I like it. Seems like it's a little broader, not focused entirely on beer.

Beer, I've had a subscription to before. Kind of torn on it; it's got a good mix of articles (good), but almost feels like it's geared towards the college crowd with the beer games (bad, for me... I don't like people telling me when or how to drink). It also feels like Maxim decided to publish a beer mag, with the "sex sells" girls on the cover and featured throughout (goooood)

Back