Fantasy Football 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I ran a league of HBTers last season and had a great time with it, and with training camps starting up again I figured I should start up another.

Last year I made the mistake of having a 20 team league. While I was awesome to have that many guys involved (and I think another league sprung up as well), that's just too many teams and not enough starting QB's, defenses, K, etc to go around. This year I'm going to limit signups to 12.

I'm going to run the league on espn.com again, I've been using them for years without incident.

Post or PM your email address for an invite.

Looking forward to another great season!

There are five spots left, PM me your email or post it here if you like.

Looks like I just got the last slot in the league.

If its okay with everyone, can I please be auto drafted? I just had a client call and set an appointment for tomorrow during the draft.

Let me know if this is cool with everyone.

Oh wow, totally blanked on the draft day because I had a ton of family in town. Autopick didn't do horrible I guess and at least I have the computer to blame if my team bombs.

So I guess I'll just end with a great big.... Go Romo!!!.......oh,......eh,.....(violently coughs)....I think I just died a little on the inside cheering for the Cowboys.....(spits out blood).....yeah team...

Oh wow, totally blanked on the draft day because I had a ton of family in town. Autopick didn't do horrible I guess and at least I have the computer to blame if my team bombs.

So I guess I'll just end with a great big.... Go Romo!!!.......oh,......eh,.....(violently coughs)....I think I just died a little on the inside cheering for the Cowboys.....(spits out blood).....yeah team...

hah very funny man :) thats how I would feel if I were in your shoes... luckily I scored AROD 1st pick. Good job computer! lol

hah very funny man :) thats how I would feel if I were in your shoes... luckily I scored AROD 1st pick. Good job computer! lol

The computer took Rodgers for you but at least it snagged me Foster. Would have loved a better quaterback but who knows, Romo is coming off his best year and they've got a lot to prove.

inhousebrew said:
Maybe I shouldn't ***** about Romo so much if he's gonna look like that!

Romo usually plays pretty well...until it really matters, then he crumbles. As a giants fan, I've grown to like him for this. They would be a championship team if he didn't fail when it mattered most.

Sitting at #4 spot. Looks like you got +20 projected on me but I think it will be close. I got the Bears defense playing against my hometown Vikings so they probably drop a 40 spot.

inhousebrew said:
Sitting at #4 spot. Looks like you got +20 projected on me but I think it will be close. I got the Bears defense playing against my hometown Vikings so they probably drop a 40 spot.

Yeah I've been slowing down lately. Started off really strong but the last few games have been closer. I'm always trying to decide between Brady and RG3, so hopefully I can guess correctly.

Put me down as an alternate if you have anyone leave the league next season! Love Fantasy FB.........Bambam

I'm in three leagues. Made playoffs in two. I'll be one and done in a league and have a decent shot in the other. Injuries killed me this year. Seems like everyone's record was low this year compared to previous seasons.

EllisTX said:
I'm in three leagues. Made playoffs in two. I'll be one and done in a league and have a decent shot in the other. Injuries killed me this year. Seems like everyone's record was low this year compared to previous seasons.

I'm in 4 leagues, thought I was getting in over my head. I finished best record in 2 leagues, low seed playoffs in another. Dead last in the other league.

Not bad, but I'm still dialing my fantasy football back a bit next year. Of course I may change mind if I win a couple championships!

Cheers!

Wow! Didn't expect to pull out the victory coming out of the four seed with some iffy players going but it seems to work out well. Blair Walsh really pulled through a few weeks ago for me with 25 points which I think put me over the edge in the first round.

Good season everyone. And now that I won we all bet a few bottles of fancy beer right? ;)

Back