Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, and for macro....Bud Light Chelada. Not even sure why I bought the stuff....guess the can looked cool. Didn't even realize what I was getting myself into. I threw both cans away.

macro: either red dog or some schlitz product that came in an aluminum bottle
worst overall: XXX Camo malt liquor
"craft" brew: LEFFE BRUN. i know ill get flamed for this, but that beer seemed like an overdone catoony version of a belgian. wierd.

Long story short, we got tanked on Strohs at 3 in the morning in the hotel room, trashed it, watched our vocalist and guitarist fight and roll around in the freshly ordered pizza from a Gumby's imitator.....

I hope the Pokey Stix were OK. Those damn things are like crack.

The worst crap I ever drank was Rhinelander...the local liquor store had it on sale for like 4 bucks a case once and I was like hell...its beer. I enjoyed giving it to my 19 year old brother...haha He wouldnt even drink it.

My dad always tells me the store of him and my grandfather (his father in law) going camping while deer hunting one weekend. This was back in the 60s. My grandfather told my old man to get the bourbon and he would get the beer. My dad shows back up with a bottle of Beam that nearly broke him, and my grandfather shows up with a couple of six packs of "Beer". Totally silver cans with only one word on it...BEER. Dad said it was the worst $h!t he ever drunk. And my dad is one of those that will eat or drink ANYTHING and like it. My grandfather just looked at him and said..."you dont drink for the taste, what the hell does my daughter see in you anyways!" I miss my grandfather.

I went to Iowa once to visit family and was fed old milwaukee and sweet corn for about a week. The sweet corn was great but a couldn't drink another Milwaukee for money.

Ha! when I was a kid one of my go to's was Old Milwaukee. Nobody else I knew would drink it, so I knew it would never go missing at a party.

Milwaukee's Best
The worst horse p*$$ ever. Me versus a case when I was 15 and too dumb to know better.

Drank too much, went to the dam. Car surfing ensued. Ouch.

Grolsch, the only beer I ever poured out while in high school! Nasty! This from a guy that drank .99 cent quarts of Old Milwaukee.

I've had Pilsner Urquell at the factory in Pils and it was awesome.

Silverback by Wynkoop. Tastes like licking a dirty ashtray, unless theyve changed it.

Somebody said it earlier -- it's either Tequiza, which I had forgotten even existed, or Bud Light Lime. Who the hell thought artificial lime flavoring would make beer good? I didn't think Bud Light could get worse, but I was very wrong.

MGD Light tastes like apple juice. That's fine if you're wanting to drink apple juice. But it's bad **** man.

Strobe used to be good...30 years ago.
strike 1 going to Lansing
Strike 2 drinking strohs

But I would think my worst beer was a toss up between bud at a bar over looking their factory, Milwaukee, schlitz, pabts.....you get the idea...in fact I got so disgusted with it all I started homebrewing when I was 17.

I was recently in Tampa, and was looking for a local brew to try out. What I got was "Florida Ave." This abortion had to be the worst excuse for a brew I've ever tasted. No carbonation, thin and watery, no traces of any type of ingredients, with a subtle hint of copper. At first I thought it might have been just a bad apple, but after the first sip of the follow-up, I knew it was just god-awful.

Do not, repeat, DO NOT drink this beer.

I which I read this a couple of weeks ago. I was also in Tampa and looked at it on tap and said "gee nice to see a local craft beer in the hotel bar, I'll try one."

It's watered down and lacking "beer" flavor let alone anything identifiable like malt or hops. 2 sips and it was on to something else.

Fortunately the other beer on tap was a Sam Adams seasonal (alpine spring) which was very drinkable.

Schlitz. Black label. Natty light.

But I am stunned by the SA hatred. If agree that their seasonal/flavored beers are hit and miss year to year. But Boston ale and Boston lager are pretty damn good go to brews.

I understand everyone's tastes are different, but if you think Boston lager sucks, I'd have to question your taste in beer.

On a side note, a friend of mine from Germany visited here a few years back. He hated all the beers on tap in Boston. Even after I took him to a place with 300 beers on tap, he couldn't did one he liked.

He liked Coors Banquet Beer the best. He said it was the most like German beer. He must have drank 15 cases of the stuff while he was here.

Go figure.

I am going to have to go with Natural Light. This is one of two beers that I threw up without being drunk. The other was Giessener.

After drinking Giessener, I realized why Licher beer from a nearby city is consumed more than the local swill.

Big Flats - without a doubt. i knew Walgreens beer couldnt be anything but awful, but i tried it.

The word "abortion" always come to mind when i think of that August evening.............

maltbarleyhops said:
Big Flats - without a doubt. i knew Walgreens beer couldnt be anything but awful, but i tried it.

The word "abortion" always come to mind when i think of that August evening.............

Omg... I've seen this at walgreens and I always laugh. Big... Flats...? God, what could possibly be in that can that's worth drinking at such a low price? Feed mash? :mug: I've often thought of trying it, but I never thought it was worth the money :p

Maybe if I was paid I would drink that swill again. We used the remaining 5 cans as rewards/punishment in drinking games.

Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale...

I usually enjoy/somewhat like Shiner beer, but this one just doesn't do it for me. Too light, not enough hops...it tastes like I'm drinking a watered down bud light

AND I don't understand how it can be called an ale when it tastes so much like a lager

Damn that Sam Adams Cranberry "Lambic" is just god awful. It's the Big Red of Beers. Something that is that should not be.

HA! That reminds me of a buddy that made himself a hot Damn smoothie at a party, he got three drinks out if it and was trying to pawn it off to everyone else. It tasted just like a stick of big red, true story.

HA! That reminds me of a buddy that made himself a hot Damn smoothie at a party, he got three drinks out if it and was trying to pawn it off to everyone else. It tasted just like a stick of big red, true story.

In some areas of the country, Big Red is a Soda AND a gum, but they aren't anything alike. The soda is "red cream" flavored, which is to say very sweet and a little bit like cream soda.

I only read the first 50ish pages but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a beer from the bad old days of the 1990's

Oregon Raspberry Wheat :(

holy **** if you think Cherry Wheat is bad (and just about all of you do) that was a terrible beer that everyone at UMASS loved.

Golden Monkey is some pretty foul stuff, but at least it's overpriced.

also, Genny Ice for beer pong may have been the worst decision I've ever made in my life.

someone mentioned Negra Modelo. this is actually one of my new favorites, having just moved to TX. I get the 20oz schooners with two limes at the local mexican place and it's perfect with some enchilladas.

p.s. the new SN Ruthless Rye is amazing (drinking one now)

Every beer I have had by Shipyard has tasted like creamed corn. My friends drink it, but I can't stand the stuff.

their Export Ale (which, I'm not sure was just a clever name or if they tried to stay true to the Export style) used to be one of my all time favorites.

I don't know what the hell happened, but it has gone way down hill. First I got a skunked batch where 3 out of 6 were barely even capped and the taste is just not the same.

I used to get it maybe 4 times a year, but I doubt I'll buy it again. It doesn't even taste like the same beer. :confused:

HoppyGilmore said:
their Export Ale (which, I'm not sure was just a clever name or if they tried to stay true to the Export style) used to be one of my all time favorites.

I don't know what the hell happened, but it has gone way down hill. First I got a skunked batch where 3 out of 6 were barely even capped and the taste is just not the same.

I used to get it maybe 4 times a year, but I doubt I'll buy it again. It doesn't even taste like the same beer. :confused:

I have several bottles of Pumpkinhead sitting in my fridge. I didn't bother checking reviews on rate beer and beer advocate before buying. There's no body and it tastes like nothing but cinnamon. It's extremely rare that I pick up a six pack that I can't finish.

I have several bottles of Pumpkinhead sitting in my fridge. I didn't bother checking reviews on rate beer and beer advocate before buying. There's no body and it tastes like nothing but cinnamon. It's extremely rare that I pick up a six pack that I can't finish.

Yeah that was one of the worst pumpkins i had this year,its not you, to me it was like cola. Without the pumpkin spices and stuff it had potential to be a good beer as something else, but it came off like cola.Bad attempt for a drinkable pumpkin ale,but hey differnet strokes for differnet folks,i guess.:mug: On the other hand and paradoxily, Smashed Pumpkin brewed by the same brewry Shipyard was probably my favorate,go figure.

Wow. Reading back through this thread reminded me of a few times when a friend and I (both underage) had someone buy us beer. We told him just get us something cheap. I had long forgotten what we choked down until just now. Red Dog and King Kobra. We thought the cans were cool. Ruined me from beer for a while.

I bought a six pack of this once and drank 1. I could not bring myself to finish that crap. Worse taste I had ever seen in a beer. I had to throw the rest away.

Back