USB Temperature monitor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brehuh

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I think this is the best place to ask. I am looking of a USB probe thermometer that i could set up at a location and look at the recordings from another computer. I want to do this b/c i need a place to leave my fermenters and it looks like my dads office basement is my best bet. So I would need a device I could set up with a pc at his office and to be able to access the information from my PC at school. Have any suggestions?

You need a software that allows you to get remote access to the computer desktop. That's a computer issue, not an issue with the USB temperature monitor.

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E46EU4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000646MWA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CEADWF6C7MA3H1VD05W

You can ditch the display if you want but it has a gateway that you add to your router/network and a sensor to pickup ambient temperature. Then you can logon to a page online to view the temperature and humidity. Works great. Then later if you get a fridge/kegerator you can add additional sensors with probes to give the fridge temp and the ambient temp/humidity of the room the fridge/kegerator is in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back