No, I don't need a blow off tube....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjab19

Reaction score
Just got done posting in another thread about how fermcap has reduced my karausen levels and then I walk in to the room that I am fermenting my american wheat with s-04....

7818_955148752104_2344016_57126154_2895323_n.jpg

7818_955148747114_2344016_57126153_4091431_n.jpg

And the ceiling shot...
7818_955148772064_2344016_57126155_239056_n.jpg

It happens to everybody, at least once! Earlier this year, my APA blew it's stack and evenly coated the interior of my chest freezer.

Where are you guys finding these cool square milk crates that exactly fit a carboy?!? I can only find rectangular ones, which is a non-solution.

Hrm...I've never seen a rectangular milk crate. Must be a regional thing.

It happens to everybody.... 2 years ago I made a belgian tripel... i ptched the yeast in the evening and the following morning there was foam everywhere... but I was using a plastic fermenter so the pressure opened it and there was no "explosion" :-D

Wheat beers, heck I have had one blow off my blowoff tube. Yes I contribute to global warming and the increase of C02.

Convenience store item. Sitting outside waiting for the delivery guys who still use them to deliver milk. Also the rear of supermarkets.

Happened to me about a week ago with my first homebrew. I was naive in thinking it wouldn't happen to me.....I was wrong.

Blow off tube FTW next time!

Yiiiiijaaaa!!!!

That's awesome! I would love to have one of those volcanos in my room,
I'm not joking, It must be a great day in a brewer's life when you see hops stuck to the ceiling, no?

Here's one of my blowoffs. That blueberry color never came off, have no idea how we got our security deposit back. What you can't see is the gobs of blueberry bits stuck to the underside of every shelf.

6511-Picture040small.JPG

6511-Picture043small.JPG

Here's one of my blowoffs. That blueberry color never came off, have no idea how we got our security deposit back. What you can't see is the gobs of blueberry bits stuck to the underside of every shelf.

6511-Picture040small.JPG

6511-Picture043small.JPG

LMAO at that one. did you just leave it up to the landlord figure out what the hell that was :ban:

Was it an apartment? They typically repaint the walls anyway if a tenant who's been there for a couple years moves out. Normal wear and tear. :D (Heh... "Normal...")

Unfortunatly I had my second ever blowout this past weekend in 12+ years of brewing. You'd think I'd know better. Anyway how it happened I just started harvesting and re-using my yeast and decided to rack a Honey Cream Ale to secondary when it was time to primary my Oatmeal Coffee Stout. I racked the full cake from each primary to fresh preped carboys then racked a small portion of this to a third primary for the 15 Gals of stout coming out of the kettle. I was absolutly amazed to see active fermantation within around 20 mins. I didn't think to put blow off tubs on 6.5Gal primarys with 5 Gals of beer. Needless to say the next morning I woke up to find my half bath (We don't use it) was repainted from floor to 10' ceiling with my Oatmeal stout. The SWMBO's only comment was "Is the beer ok?" I nearly lost it laughing so hard.

Sorry I didn't take pics of the mess and I need to repaint this weekend as I can still see some faint stains in the paint after cleaning.

I had a strawberry explosion similar to the blueberry one pictured. It covered the entire pantry in strawberry goop, and even though I cleaned the hell out of the area, I still find bits of strawberry stuck to random stuff in there.

Out of the many many brews I've made I've never had a blow up.. I've had several blarf outs, seeping out of the top but no explosions.. How does one get the top to explode??

Out of the many many brews I've made I've never had a blow up.. I've had several blarf outs, seeping out of the top but no explosions.. How does one get the top to explode??

Put your stopper on tighter. Pressure will continue to build up underneath until it finally pops...

In my case a very small amount of blueberry skins got stuck in the airlock, and due to rapid fermentation it built up so fast that it popped within 36 hours of pitching.

Back